PDA

View Full Version : 2.8.1v2 Upgrade

Nicolas Lowman
01-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I just received the 2.8.1v2 upgrade kit this past week. There is a CD included that is titled SC48 Plug ins. Does this upgrade kit include a license for these plug ins as well? I will be installing this on a Profile Mixrack system. The plug ins that are listed on here that I currently don't have are the Reel Tape Suite, Eleven and Trillium Lane Aggro. The mix rack currently has the non pro venue pack installed.

Sheldon Radford
01-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Nicolas,

The upgrade kit contents are the same for all of our systems, and therefore the kit may contain a few items that aren't relevant to your particular system. This is much easier for all involved than creating separate upgrade kits for each type of system (D-Show, Profile, Mix Rack, SC48).

The upgrade kit does not contain any plug-in licenses - it simply includes the latest installers for the plug-ins (contained on the CDs), which will work with the licenses that were provided when the console was first purchased.

Sheldon

noclevername
01-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Along those lines, Sheldon... I noticed the installation notes said that the Venue Pack Pro was for those who purchased the upgrade or purchased an additional DSP card. I purchased a third DSP card for my Mix Rack when we originally purchased the console, but I don't think the Venue Pack Pro was authorized, only the Venue Pack. Can you confirm or clarify this?

Mike Z
01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi Brian,

You are correct, you should have received the VPP licenses with the purchase of a 3rd Mix Engine. I will get this taken care of for you.

-Mike

Jaakko Savela
01-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi Brian,

You are correct, you should have received the VPP licenses with the purchase of a 3rd Mix Engine. I will get this taken care of for you.

-Mike

Also I do have 3rd Mix Engine card in my Mix Rack, but donīt have VPP (only VP). Thereīs additional Mix Engine cards without those licences for those who buy 4th or 5th card for their Foh Rack. Price is just the same, but part number is different.

My very own mistake.

-Jaakko

Sheldon Radford
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Brian,

There are two options when purchasing additional DSP Mix Engine Cards: one comes with VENUEPack Pro, the other does not. When adding a thrid card to a Mix Rack system it's best to order the version with VENUEPack Pro. There's a limit of one VENUEPack Pro per order.

Sheldon

noclevername
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Got it. Thanks for the info. I didn't know that when I purchased, so I suppose since I got it in '08 there not a way to purchase an update or something like that for the Pro pack?

Mike Z
01-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi Brian,

Traditionally there is no upgrade path for plug-in bundles that are included with the purchase of a system. The different Venue Pack versions are nearly identical so an upgrade wouldn't be very exciting anyway.

However, you are now registered for VPP 3.1 so if something is offered in the future you will be eligible.

best,
-Mike Z