PDA

View Full Version : TDM hardware and iLok

idris
01-07-2010, 04:41 AM
I urgently need to add iLok protected plugins for a client job.
I have just bought an iLok and the packaging clearly says it will run "Mac OS9.2, OSX" or above.
But the iLok website says I need to run Mac OSX 10.3.9 to run the drivers and client software

As far as I understand it, I am limited by my hardware:
TDM Mix Plus, which limits me to PT v6.4.1, which limits me to Mac OSX 10.3.4

I am pretty sure that the iLok was adopted by Digidesign before my software and hardware were superseded.

Is it possible to get appropriate software to run the iLok on my systerm?
(I've looked at the iLok website but can't find anyway to email for support and I have neither time or finances available at the moment to upgrade to an HD rig.)

I'M DESPERATE!!!

reichman
01-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Although Avid didn't test it, 10.3.9 will work fine on your system. You may have to use an earlier version of certain plug-ins (contact the manufacturer), but it should all work fine.

I'm using the same iLok on 10.5.8/PT8.0.3 that I used on 9.2.2/PT 5.1.3cs11...

Eric Seaberg
01-07-2010, 09:19 PM
How are your plugins authorized? If they're already iLok authorized then you just purchase ZDT (Zero Down Time) from iLok and you're good. If they're hard-disk authorized then there's nothing you can do.

idris
01-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Reichman - that's good news. Mnaged to contact iLok tech support and they say the iLok drivers should work on 10.3.4. So do I gamble on the iLok working on 10.3.4 or gamble on PT working on 10.3.9 - oh the joys of working on old kit! :)

Eric - i haven't purchaced the plugins yet so they will be iLok. (I've got old floppy lisences I aquired uber-cheap second hand, but never managed to get them to work.) As I understand it ZDT won't actually solve my issue - it's installing the iLok drivers that's the problem.

JFreak
01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Reichman - that's good news. Mnaged to contact iLok tech support and they say the iLok drivers should work on 10.3.4. So do I gamble on the iLok working on 10.3.4 or gamble on PT working on 10.3.9 - oh the joys of working on old kit! :)

There's nothing that much different between 10.3.4 and 10.3.9 that would prevent iLok driver from working, so I'd first try 10.3.4 which is a perfect match with Protools 6.4 (one of the most stable combinations ever)

reichman
01-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Much easier to have iLok not work on 10.3.4, and upgrade to 10.3.9, then to have to downgrade to 10.3.4. I did a lot of work on 10.3.9- you won't have a problem as far as the OS goes.

John_Toolbox
04-04-2010, 08:38 PM
This is probably old news to you by now, but iloks work fine with OS 9.2.2. so long as you have the right drivers. In fact I think they will work as far back as OS 9.1 There are a few OS9 plugins that were floppy or challenge response only, but most of the more common ones had OS9 ilok versions(I know for sure that Focusrite d2/d3, Amp Farm 2.4, soundtoys, and all of the bomb factory stuff worked with my ilok). Whether or not you can still find downloads for the installers might be another story.