PDA

View Full Version : Can Dither in Export Prefs be changed to PowR Dither

Mr. Anxiety
10-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Hello,

When I go to Preferences in 7.3 to select which dither plug to use, I only get Digidesign Dither as an option, even though I have PowR installed. Is there a way to select another plug here?

Thanks,

Mr. A.

Third Eye Studios
10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't think there's an option for that.

elicious
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
if you're referring to exporting a mix or a region as a file
then that dither is not user definable.
but if i read your request properly and you want to use your fav dither on a mix
then use bounce to disk and place dither on your master fader
and you can use whatever you prefer.
(but, maybe you already knew that.)
b.o.l.
e

Mr. Anxiety
10-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I did know about the Bounce to Disk, using PowR on the master fader, but I've been exporting files instead of bouncing for better quality, and that's why I've inquired about changing the dither plug for exporting.

Are there any other options?

Thanks again,

Mr. A.

Eric Seaberg
10-31-2009, 12:02 PM
To be honest with you, if you're sending the files to someone else for ANY reason, dithering should ALWAYS be done at the LAST possible moment. If you're planning on encoding to MP3, let the encoding software handle that (which really is academic since it's ending up data compressed).

If you're sending it to someone for MASTERING, let them add the dithering as they would, most likely, add digital processing which will degrade your 16-bit files.

Keep them at 24-bit as long as possible!!!

Mr. Anxiety
10-31-2009, 10:28 PM
In this case, I was mastering my files for uploading to the music sites. This is why I was dithering in the first place. They wanted 16 bit-44.1 .wav files.

Mr. A.