PDA

View Full Version : When will export function be available in ProTools?

se.audio
08-31-2009, 07:10 AM
This is one of the most important "Pro" functions of any DAW yet the only DAW that has "Pro" in its name doesn't have it. I remember reading somewhere that in order for RTAS plugins to work the export function cannot be put in, so here's my question: Why not ditch the RTAS altogether and allow for VST / AU plugins to be used in PT?

Yet another area where Digi doesn't hold up to the expectations of pro users...

Keybeeetsss
08-31-2009, 07:41 AM
This is just my opinion in regard to them ditching RTAS etc.. I myself prefer to have real time base sampling instead of block based processing... But like I say, thatz just me...& too, what do u mean exactly when u say export function? I guess I'm lost & am not thinking the same as to what u r referring to b/c I'm sitting here thinking "I export my files all the time":confused:

sw rec
08-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Digi is not likely to ditch their own in-house protocol. But you realize of course that you CAN use VST's via the FXpansion vst-rtas wrapper???? Best 100 bucks you'll ever spend on this.

albee1952
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm with KB here. What are you not able to export?

se.audio
08-31-2009, 03:16 PM
have I been lied to? hehe. Can you guys export a whole mix faster than real time?

Keybeeetsss
08-31-2009, 03:21 PM
No.. U didn't say export a whole mix which is why some of us didn't know what u were talkin about... & u mean bounce... See my "1st post"...

flommer
08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
:rolleyes:

So go get another "Pro" DAW

albee1952
08-31-2009, 09:45 PM
I take advantage of the real-time bounce to go listen from the next room. You'd be surprised how often that turns up a little mix issue that needs to be fixed. I wouldn't record an audio track without listening to it and I won't mix down without listening to it. If you just choose BTD when you think you are there, if you decide its not perfect as you are listening to it bounce, just hit the Esc key and make your fixes. I can see that this would stink if you were bouncing an hour long session, but most of my work is one song at a time. If you regularly work on really long sessions, then maybe Pro Tools isn't the best choice for your projects.

O.G. Killa
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
This is one of the most important "Pro" functions of any DAW yet the only DAW that has "Pro" in its name doesn't have it. I remember reading somewhere that in order for RTAS plugins to work the export function cannot be put in, so here's my question: Why not ditch the RTAS altogether and allow for VST / AU plugins to be used in PT?

Select any region. Hit 'Cmd+Shift+K'. That brings up the export audio window.