PDA

View Full Version : How to record Boom-patterns to MIDI?

RiF
08-31-2009, 01:45 AM
How can I record Boom-patterns that I edited in Boom's own pattern editor to a MIDI track that will then contain the actual drum hits as MIDI notes?

filosofem
08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
It's not a supported function, however there are workarounds within Pro Tools and other applications.

filosofem

flommer
08-31-2009, 06:11 PM
How can I record Boom-patterns that I edited in Boom's own pattern editor to a MIDI track that will then contain the actual drum hits as MIDI notes?

Massey plugins' DTM

RiF
08-31-2009, 11:57 PM
I am not talking about Audio to MIDI (I did that using Massey's DTM), I am talking about editing the patterns in Boom's own pattern editor and then seeing that this has been a bad idea, because triggering the patterns with MIDI notes is ugly. So I want to transfer (copy/record/...) the MIDI notes from Boom's pattern editor into a MIDI track for further editing.

flommer
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I am not talking about Audio to MIDI (I did that using Massey's DTM), I am talking about editing the patterns in Boom's own pattern editor and then seeing that this has been a bad idea, because triggering the patterns with MIDI notes is ugly. So I want to transfer (copy/record/...) the MIDI notes from Boom's pattern editor into a MIDI track for further editing.

And, yes, since filosofem says you can't do this, then record the audio and use DTM to get a MIDI file of it...

RiF
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM
OK, thanx.

Doru
02-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Is this so still...? I mean, it's 2011 and PT 9...I may be wrong but I recall I was able to drag and drop the MIDI file "out" of Boom like with EZ Drummer or Stylus RMX...I don't find this anymore though...(???).