View Full Version : Fader is sticking on Command 8

07-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm having problems with my command 8. I've got one fader (#6 counting left to right) that has been buggy. It will sometime not respond in both directions - in other words, I move it and it doesn't move in the mixer window, or I move the fader with the mouse from the mixer window, and the hardware doesn't respond. Sometimes it will seconds later jump to where it should be. Banking usually doesn't fix it, but turning the Command 8 off and back on usually does. The weird thing is that I can run the fader test all day long on the unit and it works fine.

I'm wondering if replacing the fader motor for that channel will fix it? Anyone else experience this?

07-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Yes the same problem here, fader 7 -clean C8 only whit vacuum cleaner , nothing wet :)

07-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I didn't vacume, but I just blew it out with compressed air. It seems better, but still sticking some.

07-08-2009, 10:21 AM
The fader may be defective - if you're in warranty you can contact Tech Support for information on getting it fixed.

If you're out of warranty, you can purchase replacement faders on the Digistore (http://store.digidesign.com/us/index.cfm?page=templates/product_detail&PartNumber=9180%2D28226%2D00).