PDA

View Full Version : LE 8 install issues - hang on Structure.dpm and DAE error -1115

rhymenetwork
06-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I just purchased and installed PT LE8 and I'm having some issues. I previoulsy had PT LE v6.9 and I am using a DIGI002 Rack. Prior to the upgrade everything worked flawlessly. Here are the specs on my computer:

Windows XP Pro SP3
Intel Core2 Duo 3.0GHz
3 GB RAM
ASUS P5Q SE Plus mobo
500 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital HD

First off, when I launched the program it would hang when loading "Structure.dpm" and then crash. This happened several times in a row so I moved the "Structure.dpm" and "Structure.dpm.rsr" files out of the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins" folder.

This got me a little farther along, but now when the load menu gets to "Creating DAE Objects" I get a DAE error-1115 and the program crashes.

I saw in a previous thread that having IE8 installed might be an issue. Any truth to that? Does anyone else have some advice? I'm stumped.

Thank you very much for the help.

spkguitar
06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I saw in a previous thread that having IE8 installed might be an issue. Any truth to that?Yes, definitely.
Does anyone else have some advice?Uninstall IE8.

TOM@METRO
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I just purchased and installed PT LE8 and I'm having some issues. I previoulsy had PT LE v6.9 and I am using a DIGI002 Rack. Prior to the upgrade everything worked flawlessly. Here are the specs on my computer:

Windows XP Pro SP3
Intel Core2 Duo 3.0GHz
3 GB RAM
ASUS P5Q SE Plus mobo
500 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital HD

Are you running just the one drive?

rhymenetwork
06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
OK I uninstalled IE8 and that fixed the hanging problem with structure. I'm still having the DAE -1115 error. I do have only one drive. But as I said, I never had an issue before with 6.9 and the same hardware.

Is there one common cuase of this error, or could it be one of many things? Any help would be great. I'm stuck right now with a system that doesn't work.

Thanks.

jmitchell1532
06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Post a Sandra report and we could tell you more. It could be a number of things. Plus, you need to have a secondary device to record to. Though your system may have worked on older versions, chances are nil that you won't have headaches w/o one.

TOM@METRO
06-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Are you using MBox2?

From Digi,

DAE error -1115 on launch when using an Mbox 2 and a MIDI I/O with Pro Tools LE.

Separate USB ports on a machine may share the same USB host controller. If a MIDI I/O is plugged in to such a machine and then a Mbox 2 is plugged in, the Mbox 2 will not be able to function properly and Pro Tools will throw a DAE -1115 error on launch (the OS will also throw a "USB Host Controller bandwidth exceeded" message).

Workaround: Switch one of the devices to a different USB port/bus.

TOM@METRO
06-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I do have only one drive. But as I said, I never had an issue before with 6.9 and the same hardware.

Thanks. Every version of PT can react differently to unsupported hardware setups. Recording to your system drive is not supported.

rhymenetwork
06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but's what's a Sandra report?

As for having a 2nd drive, I do have a 2nd external Firewire drive that I have used to record onto, and that has also worked fine in the past. However, I can't tell if that's the issue because right now Pro Tools won't even load so I can't see if it records ok or not.

I can't even get the program to launch without the DAE error crashing it. It get's to where it says "Creating DAE Objects" and then crashes. The program exits as if I had Quit.

I'm using a Digi002 Rack.

Thanks for the help.

rhymenetwork
06-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Ok here are some updates on my situation...

*I ran the tech support utility and deleted preferences and databases.
*I reset the power harness on my 002 rack
*I did a Repair install of the software.

The first two things did nothing for me, but the Repair install gave 2 interesting messages. The first said that some Windows Media files were missing and needed to be installed from the Pro Tools install CD. I did order an install CD but I don't have it yet, so I have no way of knowing if doing that will make a difference.

The second message said that the system did not see Quicktime installed and directed me to download it from Apple and install it. Obviously, I have Quicktime installed and updated to the latest version. However I re-installed it for good measure and tried to Repair Pro Tools again. I got the same two error messages during the install.

Has anyone ever seen either of these errors when installing or repairing Pro Tools 8? Does this give us a clue as to what the problem is, or do I just have more issues than I knew about?

Thanks.

Backbone-Records
07-08-2009, 10:33 AM
wowouch

i just bought hd for my mac pro yesterday. brought my dd/mbpro home to put on my pc. i was orig running some 7. ver on the mac and upgraded to 8 w/no prob. but on the pc after following the directs (imagine that), the first time starts, 5x, after removing the entire program and reloading, it stops, like the orig thread, at plugin; "structure.dpm" . i give it a good 4-5 mins to see if it will advance and then a pt not responding error appears in the pc header. when i go to defrag each time after this happens, it looks like a train wreck, theres more red than i have ever seen, and ive been working comps since the amstrad 8088. looks like the bottom line of a federal budget sheet. i removed my m-aud revolution card and all drivers, halted all virus scans, ad-aware and spybot freebies, put cubase on a back burner,opened up the firewall door just in case it was trying to talk to dd but still nada.
hp 2.6 pnt 4
2g ram
other than a sony burner and an hp prtr its pretty striped. ill try a second drive and get back to yall. i must be something easy it always is.
peace out kihm

bassgruv4u
07-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I am posting to all of the threads concerning this issue. I am a new user.

I had this same issue on a brand new computer built just for PT8.

I have always thought Internet Explorer was a hijacking browser and IE8 has screwed up more programs on my computers than I can comment on. I ALWAYS use Mozilla Firefox.

That being said, I deleted IE8 completely from my computers...including my PT8 computer. PT8 now loads and works flawlessly.

I hope everyone has the same success I have after losing the IE browser.

Best of luck!

Keith

ItsNapps
04-22-2013, 07:22 AM
So I'm Using PT8 And It Freezes When i Get To The Structure.dpm.
I Heard That Uninstalling IE8 Shold Help But I Cannot Seem To Do It On Windows 8. I NEED HELP GUYS FOR THE SAKE OF MUSIC

sunburst79
04-22-2013, 07:45 AM
So I'm Using PT8 And It Freezes When i Get To The Structure.dpm.
I Heard That Uninstalling IE8 Shold Help But I Cannot Seem To Do It On Windows 8. I NEED HELP GUYS FOR THE SAKE OF MUSIC

Windows 8 is using IE10. I'm not sure the same issue with IE8 even applies. I did have PTLE running on Win8 during its Beta and RC1 stage. I don't remember if I had installer issues. I don't remember any.

Its helpful to right click the installer icon and install Pro Tools as an administrator. One its installed click the icon. And check the box for " Run as administrator" And also check the box that says run this program in compatibility mode for Windows7. Make sure your installing the PTLE 8.0.5 update.

PTLE 8.0 is 5 years, two operating systems and 3 versions of Pro Tools old. For the sake of music you might want to consider upgrading. PT 11 will support Windows8 and by most accounts PT10 is running on Win8.