PDA

View Full Version : Best Electric Bass Samples?

aus scott
05-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Anyone recomend Electric Bass Guitar samples that will work in Structure FREE. I have all the Air users blog samples, just looking beyond that a little.

Cheers,

Scott

spkguitar
05-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Are you looking for FREE samples? (I'm actually guessing the answer is yes, since you are using Structure Free).

Or would you consider paid solutions?

Free is going to limit the range of responses quite a bit. (my first reply would have been "Air Users Blog", BTW ;)).

aus scott
05-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey spkguitar,

I'd definately consider paid - I suppose I'm looking for all recomendations on what is out there.

Cheers,

Scott

spkguitar
05-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Well, if we're talking paid, it's hard to beat Spectrasonics Trilogy, and they are very close to updating that to Trilian. More of a VI than just samples, but worth it.

You can find it for under $300, and if you buy Trilogy now, you will be able to upgrade to Trilian for $100 when it comes out.

I've worked with Trilian in the past at a friend's studio and found it to be very realistic when used correctly. You really need to dig into the workings of it to get to the realism aspects, but I think that hard work pays off.

At a loss for other recommendations besides the "AUB", (especially free ones) because I honestly prefer recording real bass, but IMHO Trilogy is the next best thing.

aus scott
05-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for that - I'll check it out. I'd prefer to record real bass as well, but I'm just doing my own demo's and writing - and on a tight budget :-).

The only thing I can really spend any money on is vocals - I don't thing there's a good plugin for that yet...:D

Cheers,

Scott

TCM
05-30-2009, 01:39 AM
Maybe scarbee could be an option?
http://www.scarbee.com/