PDA

View Full Version : Quality of BNC wordclock cables

guitar486
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I need two 2-3 ft wordclock cables and im finding that the price range is huge! Is there really any differance between a regular old coaxial bnc cable and one with "wordclock" tagged to the name? What brands do you recommend for short connections? Im trying not to spend more than $100 here...

guitar486
05-11-2009, 03:47 PM
bump

sunburst79
05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I belive 3 footers are 9.99 at both Radio Shack and Sweetwater. I have one of each but haven't tried connecting my new Presonus D8 up (Studio is torn apart) yet. If theres any big Difference I would be suprised. I would grab the HOSA Sweetwater first. My local GC had a Monster cable for 79.99;).

At the three foot level I don't see it being a big deal. guitardom deals with this stuff all the time and his read was just check it will a multimeter with a continuity tester as cheaper cables tend to have shorts between the shield and the center connector due to cheap fittings.

No Audio is passing down a optical cable or a BNC cable. I'm not seeing a need for Monster or something like Canare here. Especially at a run of 3 foot.

So while I dont have a definitive answer for you I dont think there is a need for high end cable here. If I discover information to the contrary I will post it

guitar486
05-11-2009, 04:28 PM
This is what I figured, but thanks for affirming it. I'll be sure to test the cables when I get em from THE SHACK ;)