PDA

View Full Version : how to Change tempo to an Elastic Audio'd track

teacherman
04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
After finishing a mix that the tracks were not cut a to a click track, the band realized how up/down the tempo changed throughout the song.

They wanted me to straighten out the tempo to a steady BMP that everyone agreed upon.

After spending several hours using Elastic Audio to correct the timing of the 2-track mix, the band realized that the song is too slow.

While in Warp Mode, I thought I could just reset the Session Tempo to a faster tempo and all the Warp Markers would "snap" to the new tempo. But no such luck.

Question: while I'm still in either Warp view or Analysis view, how can I quickly change the entire track to a faster tempo???

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks,

Kenny Gioia
04-11-2009, 07:59 PM
It should work that way.

Make sure the track is set to ticks mode. Not sample based mode.

teacherman
04-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Excellent! Thanks Kenny. I was not in Tick Mode.

Although I can now change the overall tempo....now...whenever I change the Tempo, the audio does not "snap" to the Grid.

Even though I'm in Grid Mode, the audio is freely shifting (either forward or backward...depending on if I set a faster or slower session tempo) like it's in SLIP mode.

As a result, the trax is not syncing up with the virtual Click. (I'm monitoring the Click via a mono Aux Track just make sure that the song does speed up to match the new Session Tempo).

Again, hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

ondruspat
04-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Use ctrl+I (identify beat) to mark out the bars of your song before your snap it to a tempo map.

Kenny Gioia
04-13-2009, 04:35 PM
If the warp markers are on the grid, they'll stay on the grid when you change tempos as long as you're in tick mode.

I'm I misunderstanding you?

teacherman
04-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Yes, the warp markers are on the grid before I change the tempo. Then after I change the tempo, the warp markers shift off the grid either forward or backward depending on the new tempo. Hmmmmm :(

danander11
04-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Are you looking at the warp markers, (black lines with a small base on them), or transient markers, (light gray lines),?

Peace!

Kenny Gioia
04-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Yes, the warp markers are on the grid before I change the tempo. Then after I change the tempo, the warp markers shift off the grid either forward or backward depending on the new tempo. Hmmmmm :(

They should move when you change the tempo, but the grid should be moving when you change the tempo too.

You're in Bars:Beats mode. Right?