PDA

View Full Version : Fader Write Automation Bleed

EarHole
12-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Not all the time but very often when I have all tracks touch enabled I get bleed from the #2 fader onto the #1 volume automation. It's very frustrating. I then have to undo what I just did and put #1 in read and then start over again.

Anyone heard of this before?

doug sjostrom
02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
I saw this today when soloing on Ch 2. Ch 1 would start to write automation. Happened more than once but not every time.

DigiTechSupt
02-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Does your unit have the latest firmware?

jimlongo
02-19-2009, 08:14 PM
I've always had this, fader 1 writes to fader 2 so often I try to avoid using it.

What version is the most current firmware, and where can I get it?
thanks.

DigiTechSupt
02-20-2009, 09:09 AM
I've always had this, fader 1 writes to fader 2 so often I try to avoid using it.

What version is the most current firmware, and where can I get it?
thanks.

From the main Digi site, click on Support>Support and Downloads. On the next page, select Command|8 in the Control Surfaces drop-down menu, then on 'Downloads' on the Command|8 page. The 4th page has a 'Command|8 Drivers and Firmware Updates' link - click on it to get to the updates.

V02.01.02 is the latest firmware version.

jimlongo
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks, I've had that version for a couple of years.

Any ideas on the fader 1 writes to fader 2?

Thanks,
jim

stustan
02-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Fader 1 writes to fader 2 while writing to fader 1 has happened to me many times. My Digi-Dealer gave me a solution that has worked every time. When you notice the automation bleeding into other channels stop what you are doing and do the folowing: Press the "F1. Utility" on the Command 8, The LED strip will change, then select the "Fader" function by pressing the proper select button beneath the rotary knob. The LED strip will change again and then press the proper select button beneath the rotary knob that corresponds to "Fadcal". After the faders recalibrate, press the "F1 Utility" button and you will be returned to your editing/mixing state. The whole procedure takes less than 10 seconds, you do not need to exit your session, and for me there is no re-occurance of fader bleed until I shut down. I hope this helps and I hope I explained it clearly, if not ask and I will try to clarify.

jimlongo
02-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Hey great tip, it worked today!

stustan
02-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I am so glad to hear it worked for you too. I cannot believe you understood my attempt at instructions! Fader bleed seems to appear at random, sometimes not for dozens of sessions and then poof, it appears. Once you recalibrate the faders it does not seem to reappear even if you close the current session and open others. Once you exit Pro Tools, fader bleed could re-appear the next time you reload Pro Tools. Be Well!