PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PT8 and PC

RyanC
12-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Anyone else?

I cant bank though, it just jumps back to whatever track has a plugin selected. Also clicking the last track on the right in the mixer causes it to bank over to the last couple tracks. . .

XP here

Brandonx1
12-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Ryan. I'm not seeing anything like that here. Xp and vista as well. Can you give me a couple of repro steps and I'll try to see what you are talking about:

RyanC
12-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Interesting. . .

If I have a plugin selected, or a channel selected it will keep going back to that channel when I hit the bank button. So bank right, and then it just jumps back. . .

I'm thinking that I might need to re-download though, I got a strange mesage from winrar when unpacking it. . .

RyanC
12-20-2008, 10:40 AM
On that note-

I's vista worth it? I probably need to start a clean system here. . . it's been a while. If you were doing it now would you go vista? My Dad has a (legit) bulk license so it would be free. Thanks

Brandonx1
12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
hi Ryan, yep, everything so far suggests vista sp1 is the is for windows users. I'm runningit in large address aware mode and not having the memory problems I was having in xp. I'm still testing it tho. I should know more after I mix a lancer show on it. So far, I've only mixed 1/2 hour shows. Memory problems started with hour long show. I'll get an hour long show mixed before the new year and report back. Best

RyanC
12-26-2008, 03:10 PM
That's great news; I'm going to get that going ASAP. . .

Also re downloaded PT8 and now all is fine, I'm loving PT8 btw. . .

rockdrummerrob
01-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Ryan -
are you using the Pro Control with PT 8 on a windows based machine (LE)?

let me know what you had to do to get this to work.

rob

Danton
03-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this wonderful forum and need these files too. PTLE 8 PC version in my case. Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Danton

d@dantoneeprom.com