PDA

View Full Version : Command 8 with M-Powered?

tha]-[acksaw
10-20-2008, 10:25 AM
I use ProTools 7.4. I use an M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge (firewire) to hook up my Octane 8's (Pre Amp and Converter), as well as my Apogee Rosetta 800 and Avalon Mix Pre's to get converted audio into my computer.

I have been wanting to get a control surface to help out with mixing and such. At first I was looking at the M-Audio ProjectMix I/O which is M-Audio's version of the Digi 002. The only problme with that is, M-Audio will only allow ProTools M-Powered to see one "firewire device at a time". Since the Command 8 is a USB device and it doesn't support audio, does this mean I can use it at the same time as the ProFire Lightbridge. The only control surfaces that will work with M-Powered, to my knowledge, are the M-Audio Project Mix I/O and the Digidesign Command 8.

I was hoping to get some info from one of the Digidesign people.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DigiTechSupt
10-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes, you can use the Command|8 with Pro Tools M-Powered:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=3&langid=100&eid=5889

tha]-[acksaw
10-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I guess what I was asking is... Will I be able to use the Digidesign Command 8 and my M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge at the same time?

ProTools M-Powered only supports one audio device at a time. Is the Command 8 considered a audio device or is it only a control surface as it pertains to "supports only one audio device at a time".

I've been told this hardware limitation is set by PT not M-Audio.

Thanks!!

stoox
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
-[acksaw;1295738']The only control surfaces that will work with M-Powered, to my knowledge, are the M-Audio Project Mix I/O and the Digidesign Command 8.

A presonus faderport works with pro tools as well.

thats what i use...

you get alot out of it for the price.

DigiTechSupt
10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
ProTools M-Powered only supports one audio device at a time. Is the Command 8 considered a audio device or is it only a control surface as it pertains to "supports only one audio device at a time".

The Command|8 is a control surface and is not considered and audio device, so you can use it with your Lightbridge.

tha]-[acksaw
10-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. do you know by chance if I could hook up the Command 8 and use it as an extension of the M-Audio ProjectMix's control surface. What I would like to do is use the Command 8 and the ProjectMix to control two seperate banks of 8 tracks in my digital pro tools mixer. basicaly simulating a 16 track control surface. i have already been told I can't use two ProjectMix's side by side. I thought since one is USB and the other firewire, they might not have confilcts that two ProjectMix's would. And both are suported by ProTools M-Powered.

czarthp
02-20-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. Did you ever find out anything on this?