PDA

View Full Version : recording through reason 4.0

traes
09-10-2008, 03:05 PM
I currently have reason 4.0 and i was wondering... with pro tools, can i record tracks from reason 4.0? I am asking because in reason, you arent able to record live while altering effects such as delay lines and things like that... If you have any advice, it would be greatly apprecieated

DigiTechSupt
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Check out the Pro Tools Accelerated videos on using Reason with Pro Tools:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=199&langid=100&itemid=27606

DJ Hellfire
09-10-2008, 04:13 PM
You have to delete or bypass the default mixing board in reason. Flip the rack to the back and run each sound module to it's own output on the output interface at the top of the rack. Now for your first sound module sound, create an intrument and audio track in PT. Insert Reason on the instrument track and when the rewire box pops up, select the inputs that corresponds to what ever output that module is on in the output interface in reason (inputs 1 and 2 are labled Mix L and R. The rest are labled input 3-48 or whatever). Now you will hear that module on your instrument track in PT. Set the output of that instrument track to say Bus 1 and 2 for example (use only 1 bus if it's a mono patch). Then set your audio track input for bus 1 and 2. Now record arm the audio track and the sound should now be registering on your audio track as well. Do this for all your modules and then record it all at once.