PDA

View Full Version : Input channel presets.

JoshRose
09-09-2008, 09:27 AM
So I am wanting to save a channel and all of its parameters without saving it's input patching. I have a bunch of singers who need different gains on the mics, different levels to the aux's, different channel compression, and different channel eq. But they don't always pick up the same mics each week, as they always get shuffled around, and sometimes different singers show up.

It would be ideal if I could save all of those parameters and apply them to a channel without the channels input source getting changed in the patch bay. As far as I know, I can't actually do that unless I use the EQ section preset and the comp section preset. That means loading both of those for 9 singers, as well as the fact that it doesn't include my aux sends.

Perhaps there is a good way to snapshot this, or some other way around it. Any advice?

JButera
09-09-2008, 09:54 AM
What I've found works for me is just to make sure at the time of creating the preset you don't have the input patched. That way you can then patch it to whatever you need anytime you recall it. I've never tried Snapshots to recall different patch options, love to hear if anyone has!

Sheldon Radford
09-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Josh,

It would be ideal if I could save all of those parameters and apply them to a channel without the channels input source getting changed in the patch bay.
This is exactly how the channel presets (accessed via the little folder icon beneath the channel's name on screen) work today - a preset stores everything except the input patching, and can be applied to any channel (or even multiple channels) without affecting the patching. Are you experiencing something different?

Sheldon

JoshRose
09-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I didn't actually apply a preset. I just looked in the manual, and in Chapter 5, under the "input channel presets" it says that the presets include patchbay assignments. I'll give it a try and make sure it's doing what I want.

Sheldon Radford
09-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi Josh,

There may be a typo...let us know where you saw this and we'll correct it. At any rate, here's the text from the Profile user guide (which is accurate):

When an Input Channel is stored or recalled as a preset, all parameters
are affected except the following:
• Patchbay assignments, including Direct Outs
• Hardware and software insert (plug-in) assignments and in/out state.

Sheldon