PDA

View Full Version : Command 8 Fader Issue

iron_aidan
08-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Hi all,

When initialising, the first fader on my command 8 jumps up and down much faster than the rest and during a session, when the associated software fader is set at 0dB the hardware fader is at +12dB, and when i set the hardware fader all the way up at +12 the associated software fader is only at +2.2dB. If I push the software fader up to +12 the hardware fader clicks constantly.

When I run the fader calibration test it behaves the same as when initialising and finishes at 0 with the rest of the faders but no change when out of utility mode.

When performing the fader test it behaves the same again but when all the faders are at the top up the run (+12dB) it reads 820 rather than 1023 like the rest

I'm in the middle of a mixing session so I'd really like to get this problem sorted as soon as possible, so if anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

Roger Stauss
10-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Sounds kinda like my problem, but my faders were held down for a while during boot. So I believe I (and you) may need new faders?

good luck,

RStauss

George Ware
11-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi all,

When initialising, the first fader on my command 8 jumps up and down much faster than the rest and during a session, when the associated software fader is set at 0dB the hardware fader is at +12dB, and when i set the hardware fader all the way up at +12 the associated software fader is only at +2.2dB. If I push the software fader up to +12 the hardware fader clicks constantly.

Same here w/fader#7............:mad:

How do I get a new one?

George Ware

DigiTechSupt
11-21-2008, 08:25 AM
If this is in warrantee, contact tech support by phone for assistance.

If it's not in warrantee, you can get a new fader on the DigiStore (http://store.digidesign.com/us/index.cfm?page=templates/product_detail&PartNumber=9180%2D08226%2D00&manufacturerid=3&productid=58351)

denka
11-21-2008, 10:04 AM
I've had similar problem couple of days ago - fader 4 - I've updated firmware to the same version :D no help, of course. then I plugged it in another wall outlet 'cause i've realized I have grounding problem. And now, I'm happy mixer again. ;)

denka
11-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Administrator, delete 94hunter from user list. it's a damn spam bot !!!:eek:

albee1952
11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Just reported to DUC admin

Table Syrup Records
11-28-2008, 01:59 PM
If you guys need faders I have 15 spares. All brand new! :-)

Have them for my control 24, but they are the same fader. :p
(My Control 24 already has all brand new faders installed.)

15 for $400, just under $27 each.... brand new. :eek:
(I'd want to add 3% for paypal, and shipping would be dirt cheap. They're light)

That would serve almost 2 of you for all brand new ones and you'd have working spares! Bulk buy! Bulk buy!

Don't delete me! I'm not a bot! heh heh, or am I? Sent from the future to destroy Digi's fader sale profitability! heh heheheh! MWAH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA

[email protected]

George Ware
12-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Same here w/fader#7............:mad:

How do I get a new one?

George Ware
Today I bought a can of Clean Safe dust remover from WalMart and sprayed into fader slot#7.....Fader now works fine! :D
BTW: I do keep a dust cover whenever it's not in use. :confused:

George Ware

Table Syrup Records
12-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Better than compressed air: Deoxit

Get some Deoxit, use D5 and G5 Gold

Used to be Cal Lube, now it's all Deoxit.

Works fantastic. D5 first, then Gold to protect.

Or better yet if you can find F5 that's specifically made for faders, though the only time I used their fader stuff it was F100 which is 100% of just one of the chemicals.

They also make Fader Grease, I haven't used it but heard really good things. It comes in a tin about the size of tinning flux would come it, and you brush apply it, it's kind of a paste. I'd think it would work in motorized faders just fine if you used it sparingly, but if there is too much left behind it would collect dust. Also, I don't know if you can apply Gold after it, I would think that would just rinse it away (Kind of like spraying WD40 on wheel bearings)