PDA

View Full Version : Additonal Inputs?

Chessae
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi, I have the Command 8 and the 002 Rack, which I am using with the 7.4 LE on a Mac 5. I have been trying to sort out how to track more than 8 mono inputs through the Command 8 unit. I read in the owner's manual that it is possible but the directions were very slim.

Ideally I would daisy chain the 002 Rack's 8 inputs into the Command 8 . . . but using an optical cable apparently was not the solution.

So . . . can I accomplish expanding my inputs in this method? Can I control all the tracks through the Command 8?

Thanks for any solutions!

Chip Lamason
Vashon, Washington

vxboogie
08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Ideally I would daisy chain the 002 Rack's 8 inputs into the Command 8 . . . but using an optical cable apparently was not the solution.

So . . . can I accomplish expanding my inputs in this method? Can I control all the tracks through the Command 8?

That doesn't make any sense, from what I can tell the Command 8 is just a control surface and only has monitor inputs for speaker control. Aren't you using the 002r's inputs and mic pre's?

Chessae
08-08-2008, 11:17 PM
The issue for me is whether I can expand the number of simultaneous inputs to the 002 software. The control surface allows for 8 inputs . . . I was using a Mackie board and some other outboard pres before routing into the Command 8. However, I would like to be able to record more than the 8 tracks in mono that the Command 8 offers and I wondered whether there is a way to expand the number of inputs available. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

vxboogie
08-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Ok - maybe we're just talking semantics then. I just wanted to make sure that we are on the same page. The audio inputs are in the 002r and the Command 8 is just the control interface to the software(it has no audio inputs). Probably a good time to read the manuals to understand the capabilities of your equipment better

The 002r has 8 inputs(4 mic, 4 line), 8 more via an external device that has optical ADAT lightpipe interface(see below) and 2 more via an external device that has SPDIF interface. That gives you a max of 18 for the 002r. The PT LE software can handle 32 audio tracks.

The Command 8 can control as many tracks as you have running it PT. If its like my 002 console, you just have to shift to the other tracks via the big right/left arrow buttons to use the other faders, etc.

My suggestion would be to get something like a Presonus Digimax interface - they have more than a few models to chose from. I have a Digimax FS. That will get you 8 more inputs to the 002 connected by optical lightpipe.

Mark