PDA

View Full Version : Multiple I Loks in console?

Daniel Ellis
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
This may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer so I'm gonna ask anyways.

Can you have 2 I Loks in one Venue authorizing different plugins?

I ask because I am about to be at a festival with a Profile at FOH and I would like to use my plugins as well as whatever they may already have installed.

Sheldon Radford
07-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi Daniel,

Yes, it's possible to have multiple iLoks inserted at one time. Many folks use the base package with the iLok that came with the console, then augment the plug-ins with their own iLok.

Tips for doing festivals, or moving between different systems:

1) If you need a plug-in that's not part of the base VENUEPack package, advance it with the console provider just as you'd advance any other piece of gear. Be prepared to bring your own iLok auth if it's a "must have" plug-in.

2) Create a USB key with all of the plug-in installers you'll need for the show. Copy the installer files from the CDs they came on, or download the VENUE installers from the Digi website or third party's website. Make sure to follow the same folder structure found on the CDs (put all installers within their own sub-folders, beneath a root level "TDM Plug-Ins" folder.)

3) Next time you're mixing on the console use the INFO button on the Options>System page to generate a list of the exact system config, including all plug-ins in use. You can then copy/paste this info into a rider, or forward it as is to the console provider.

Sheldon

Daniel Ellis
07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
good info. thanks.

Now will it cause anything weird to happen if I have 2 I loks that have some of the same plugins on them?

Sheldon Radford
07-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi Daniel,

No weirdness will occur - the process uses the first auth it can find, then moves on to the next plug-in to authorize.

Sheldon

bmadix
07-25-2008, 07:22 AM
good info. thanks.

Now will it cause anything weird to happen if I have 2 I loks that have some of the same plugins on them?
Daniel,

I routinely have at least two iLoks in the Profile. Sometimes, three. I have never had any issues. Sheldon, you should post that suggestion on "Tips and Tricks!"

Brad