PDA

View Full Version : Recording Multiple Tracks Shortcut

Oroz
07-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone, I remember reading about a shortcut that enables you to record multiple tracks at once without having to wait for it to kick in, do you know what I mean? When you record various tracks at once you have to wait a little bit and it's annoying. I searched the Reference Guide, Shortcuts and on several forums but didn't find it. I hope that you guys can help me out. I want to record multiple tracks without having to wait.

Thanks.

BaileyBass
07-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi everyone, I remember reading about a shortcut that enables you to record multiple tracks at once without having to wait for it to kick in, do you know what I mean? When you record various tracks at once you have to wait a little bit and it's annoying. I searched the Reference Guide, Shortcuts and on several forums but didn't find it. I hope that you guys can help me out. I want to record multiple tracks without having to wait.

Thanks.

Not sure what you are referring to, but I did notice a couple of things that may be slowing you down a bit.. 512 meg of Ram??... and 7.1 on Panther? Take a serious look at that. SB

Oroz
07-12-2008, 06:45 PM

Thanks.

Not sure what you are referring to, but I did notice a couple of things that may be slowing you down a bit.. 512 meg of Ram??... and 7.1 on Panther? Take a serious look at that. SB

Thanks for your response but I've haven't updated my profile for quite a long time and even then I wasn't using Panther, I must mistaken the numbers, sorry about that, anyway, my system is running great and I'm sure I read somewhere about this feature just can't remember what it was or where to find it. Really looking forward to find out what it was.

BaileyBass
07-12-2008, 07:06 PM

Thanks.

Thanks for your response but I've haven't updated my profile for quite a long time and even then I wasn't using Panther, I must mistaken the numbers, sorry about that, anyway, my system is running great and I'm sure I read somewhere about this feature just can't remember what it was or where to find it. Really looking forward to find out what it was.

I am having trouble understanding what it is you are after? Is there a delay when you go into record?... based on the amount of tracks you have armed? When you say a "little bit", exactly how much time are we talking about? could you possibly have the Count-off button enabled in the transport? (in between the metronome/click and the midi merge buttons) Good luck, SB

Carl Kolchak
07-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Do you simply mean putting the transport in Record-Pause mode (click on the record and pause buttons)?

That way it's all up to speed and will let rip once you hit play.

Oroz
07-13-2008, 01:35 PM

Thanks.

I am having trouble understanding what it is you are after? Is there a delay when you go into record?... based on the amount of tracks you have armed? When you say a "little bit", exactly how much time are we talking about? could you possibly have the Count-off button enabled in the transport? (in between the metronome/click and the midi merge buttons) Good luck, SB

Yes, I'm talking about a delay that only happens when I'm recording multiple tracks at once (like a drumset), it's not happening when I record individual instruments, about 2 seconds or something like that, enough to be annoying. I'll double check my current settings but I could swear that I heard somewhere that there's a workaround.

Oroz
07-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Do you simply mean putting the transport in Record-Pause mode (click on the record and pause buttons)?

That way it's all up to speed and will let rip once you hit play.

I think that's it , thanks.

Irl Sanders
07-23-2008, 02:04 PM
You can also try limiting the record allocation size under Preferences/Operations to 10 minutes or less