PDA

View Full Version : Key/Mouse command for Waveform resizing ONE track?

Floydio
06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Hello-

Doing an ADR edit-from-Hell on a feature right now and short of gaining all my files down to be as low as the location recording, anyone know a command to change the size of only ONE track's waveform so I can see the nice little waveforms to line the ADR up with location easier?

(I know the command-option-square brackets command for making waveforms larger/smaller but that does all tracks)

I know Pro Tools is CAPABLE of drawing one track's waveform differently than all the other tracks, because THAT happens by accident and drives me nuts...

Maybe I smell 'a new feature'!

Drew Mazurek
06-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Select the Magnifying Glass Tool, then Control-Click while dragging up and down on top of the track you want to zoom will do what you want.

Scott Goldberg
07-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Hello-

Doing an ADR edit-from-Hell on a feature right now and short of gaining all my files down to be as low as the location recording, anyone know a command to change the size of only ONE track's waveform so I can see the nice little waveforms to line the ADR up with location easier?

(I know the command-option-square brackets command for making waveforms larger/smaller but that does all tracks)

I know Pro Tools is CAPABLE of drawing one track's waveform differently than all the other tracks, because THAT happens by accident and drives me nuts...

Maybe I smell 'a new feature'!

Just click and drag the icon that raises and lowers your track's wave hight. Drag up and it goes up. To make smaller, drag down when you want to make it smaller.:-)

HearInc
07-31-2008, 02:04 PM
How about the keyboard focus "E" zoom command? Is that what you're looking for?

Select an area of a waveform, hit E, and it zooms to whatever zoom size you want. (There are a couple different modes you can set in prefs). Hit E again and you're back to where you were right before you hit it the first time.

Drew Mazurek
08-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Does anyone actually read the posts they respond to?

BaileyBass
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Does anyone actually read the posts they respond to?

In answer to your question, hold Shift while selecting.. then delete after taking it up an octave. :D

Are you old enought to remember Evelyn Woodhead's sped reading course?? I see a few here have taken it.

Scott Goldberg
08-09-2008, 08:20 PM
That's great...Evelyn Wood. :D

I also thought of another option to this original post. Cntrl-E will take the track you've selected and make the highlighted section as big as your edit window. You can also resize the track with a similar shortcut (Cntrl Arrow up or down) depending how you want your view. I don't know or think that these are what you're looking for but maybe it will turn on the "light bulb" and give you dome iseas that are more appropriate.