PDA

View Full Version : command 8 vs Digi 003

dirtysoul
03-19-2008, 03:03 PM
as i recall there were a few differences between the command 8 control surface and the DIGI 002 surface.
can anyone summarize for me the differences between the command 8 and the DIGI 003's control surface?
in other words, what do i lose by using the command 8 with a 003 rack as opposed to the integrated 003 surface?

thanks to all.

-J

Stiff
03-21-2008, 06:20 AM
I don't know the full details on this, and I haven't used the C8 in years, but the most obvious thing is of course the jog wheel. If I remember correctly, the C8 doesn't have dedicated automation buttons either.

Forum Member LE
03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
biggest things
1) no Jog/Shuttle
2) can't initiate plugs ins

Supo
03-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I bought a Command 8 to control my 003 Rack, but really did not like it...and had several issues getting it going. Command 8 didn't last 2 days in my studio. Brought it back.
I ended up biting the bullet and bought the 003Factory with integrated control surface.
Very Happy.
What really stinks though, is that you can't operate 2 or more 003 products together (i.e. cannot daisy chain them.) Digi support just confirmed that for me.
That said, Me Lika da Factory. Will use my rack for live recording.
Supo

Forum Member LE
03-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I bought a Command 8 to control my 003 Rack, but really did not like it...and had several issues getting it going.

Like what?

Supo
03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Sorry--was not intentionally being vague--just moved on to the 003 Factory, and had little energy to describe my previous pain. That said; Could not get my system to recognize it (tried every reccomendation from nearly everywhere), original SW (install) disk was damaged, cable missing, it looked like someone had used it (even thought it was sold to me as new, by the vendor)...etc.
Moreover, Main Line Pot was VERY crackly, on output sound (due to known mfg issues.

Forum Member LE
04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Sorry--was not intentionally being vague--just moved on to the 003 Factory, and had little energy to describe my previous pain. That said; Could not get my system to recognize it (tried every reccomendation from nearly everywhere), original SW (install) disk was damaged, cable missing, it looked like someone had used it (even thought it was sold to me as new, by the vendor)...etc.
Moreover, Main Line Pot was VERY crackly, on output sound (due to known mfg issues.

Sounds like you did get an open box.
I sent back 2 Command 8's because I felt they had been used or were refurbed.
Both the Command 8 and 003 Console have been problem free for me.
I probably would have never upgraded to 7.4 had they not been.