PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my ProControl, what's it worth?

PTPerson
01-16-2008, 03:53 AM
The time has come. I'm considering selling the PC, 16 faders in good nick, what do you guys think it's worth?

Stefan Nowak

Pete Gates
01-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Hi,
They're worth by far the most as a trade-in on a D-Control then a D-command after that it's a bit of a lottery, even a good one doesn't fetch much now. Maybe better to use it in a b-room? I'm in the same boat at the moment, I'll probably do the trade in the next few months before they stop offering it!

Pete

PTPerson
01-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm not in the market for any of the new digi controllers............anybody want to make me an offer?

Stefan Nowak

Table Syrup Records
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
What are you thinking you need for it????

shortyemcee@gmail.com

Slim Shady
06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey, I'm a +1 in a similar situation.

We've got a Pro Control with Main unit, edit pack and fader pack, all set in a very nice custom mahogany/black laminate desk w/tons of rack spaces, and we're looking to get rid of the whole shebang as it's not being used, including the desk and all the ethernet cables and hub that's used to hook it all together.

Unfortunately it's got some quirks, like the trackball mouse is nearly impossible to use, but I haven't done any troubleshooting at all to see if it's a setup issue or an actual hardware one.

Is this thing worth anything anywhere? We don't want another control surface, so trading it in to Digi isn't an option unless they'll take a trade towards a process card or something instead, so how does one sell something like that?

Or maybe the best option is to trade it in towards the C|24, then just turn around and sell the C|24 for cash?

Barry Johns
06-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Wow, I just bought a used Mint ProControl and I love it so much. I couldn't imagine ever living without it. I have used both the Command 8 as well as Mackie MUC Pro's, the ProControl smokes them obviously. I paid 2k for mine about a month ago. I've watched them go for 2-2.5k on eBay. Fader Packs for around 1500.00.

Hope that helps.

Table Syrup Records
06-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Ok, I'll ask again....

What do you guys want for them?

shortyemcee@gmail.com

Barry Johns
06-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I just picked up a brand new Fader Pack, literally brand new and the guy has 2 more. I paid 1250.00 for it. Even the box was in pristine condition. Let me know, I can hook you up with him if you are looking for a fader pack.

Barry

barryathome@mac.com

Slim Shady
07-15-2008, 02:48 PM
After exploring trade-ins with Digi, it appears there are no appealing options for us, so before we start looking at donating this thing for a tax write off, if anyone is interested as a buyer I've posted a thread in the Buy & Sell forum with the details on what we've got and looking to get rid of...

FS Thread on Buy & Sell Forum (http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1300525&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#1300525)