PDA

View Full Version : move picture to sync point

lululu
10-26-2007, 08:47 AM
I understand that the picture is moving with the beginning of a region if I move it around /nudge it. How can I make the picture move in sync with a sync point not at the beginning of a file?

for example a car passing in the picture. I need to place it so that the car is loudest when in mid picture. What I have to do at the moment is cut the beginning of the region til the loudest bit and then move the file in sync to pic, but surely there must be a more clever way to do that....

cheers

sw rec
10-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Isn't it easier to leave the picture where it is and move the audio around? You can highlight everything and nudge it. (Never tried to move the video around, I've always used it as the "absolute" and nudges audio...)

guitarmongoose
11-06-2007, 09:49 PM
If the picture has a sync point this is the procedure, which is the same as with audio regions.
Move the cursor to the exact point where you want the sync point in the movie to go. With the Grabber tool, press CTRL + Shift + Click on the movie region. The sync point locates to that point. The key commands are for Mac OS. This also works with audio regions.

However sw rec is right. Usually you want to treat picture as God and move the audio to match the picture.

-Brad