PDA

View Full Version : [TEST FAILED] PORT TCP/80 IN

renlonimo
10-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi!

My digidelivery had an Public Ip, and now it's been moved directly on my lan which is behind a firewall.

NAT is configured in the firewall and all port are redirected on the digidelivery.
I opened all port as it's indicated in the administrator guide :

53 in, out ; 25 out ; 80 in, out ; 443 in, out.

But at boot, network test failed.

I've no log in my firewall about packets blocked by any rules, however I can reach my server by the public ip of the firewall.

So ports seem to be correctly redirected.

So someone can help me ??

Renlo

Top Jimmy
10-20-2007, 04:38 PM
It would be easiest for you to set the LAN IP of the Digidelivery as the DMZ host in your router.

cmarkle_aspera
11-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Renlo,

Chris Markle here from Aspera...

My digidelivery had an Public Ip, and now it's been moved directly on my lan which is behind a firewall. NAT is configured in the firewall and all port are redirected on the digidelivery.
I opened all port as it's indicated in the administrator guide: 53 in, out ; 25 out ; 80 in, out ; 443 in, out. But at boot, network test failed. I've no log in my firewall about packets blocked by any rules, however I can reach my server by the public ip of the firewall. So ports seem to be correctly redirected. So someone can help me ??

I have dealt recently with many customers who are seeing various forms of false negatives from the network test function. Yours sounds like such a case. If your box is otherwisely working (i.e., you can send and receive deliveries and all appropriate emails get send and received) then I'd just say ignore this for now. I am looking more into this and some other forms of false negatives from the network test function.

Chris

subwoof
12-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Same problem here. My port 80 fails the network test, but Digidelivery seems to work fine. I can send and receive files with no problems. So maybe it's just a bug or something in the software.

It would be good for Asperia to update the operating system with a newer version for security reasons. The current version of windows that runs Digidelivery has shown up as unacceptable to security scans in the network I am part of.

Time for a security upgrade patch.

Mike

DigiTechSupt
12-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Same problem here. My port 80 fails the network test, but Digidelivery seems to work fine. I can send and receive files with no problems. So maybe it's just a bug or something in the software.

It would be good for Asperia to update the operating system with a newer version for security reasons. The current version of windows that runs Digidelivery has shown up as unacceptable to security scans in the network I am part of.

Time for a security upgrade patch.

Mike

First, DigiDelivery does not run Windows. It's completely proprietary software based on Linux/Unix.

Second, the most common causes for TCP/80 in failing is due to NAT rules not being set up properly. Usually this occurs if there are more than one incoming IP address to a facility.

For instance - if a facility has 5 IP addresses, there will always be one that is considered the 'default' address. If the Digidelivery server is setup on one of the non-primary IP addresses, what happens is that it sends an html message out port 80 on it's IP address (we'll call it IP 'B' for now), but it's returned on the default IP address (let's call it IP 'A'). The server code goes 'I sent the message out on IP 'B', but it came back on 'A', so something must be wrong - and thus the test fails.

The solution is to create a NAT rule that says 'Anything originating on IP 'B' should actually be routed out that IP address, rather than the default IP 'A' address.'.

subwoof
12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Thank you for your clarification. I was basing my assumption that Digidelivery was Windows-based on the feedback I got from my I.T. department. The fact still remains it seems not to be in compliance with the security scans that were run by an independent security contractor and should be updated to current standards.

I will pass your note concerning the IP addrdess and port 80 to the I.T. department and see if they can fix the issues.

Thanks for your help,

Mike