PDA

View Full Version : New users not showing up under "accounts"

Frank Kruse
09-25-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi,

Iīve created some new users on the server. When I open the client they do not show up under "accounts".
Yes I have checked "show in accounts".
Anyone know why this is? It seems like the client doesnīt check for new users once it already has an accounts-list loaded?

thanks,

frank.

Frank Kruse
10-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Aspera couldnīt give me an answer to this problem. Since Digi doesnīt support this product, does anyone know how to make new users show up in the clientīs accounts list?

thanks,

frank.

DigiTechSupt
10-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Is this a GT or an LT?

On an LT, the client will only show 1 account in the drop-down list - the admin account, since that is the only account that a user can send a Digidelivery to unless they use the Admins login info. 'Guest' accounts can only send to the Admin account on an LT system.

Frank Kruse
10-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Is this a GT or an LT?

On an LT, the client will only show 1 account in the drop-down list - the admin account, since that is the only account that a user can send a Digidelivery to unless they use the Admins login info. 'Guest' accounts can only send to the Admin account on an LT system.

Itīs a GT-server. And all are standard-accounts. All work but none of them can see newly added users under "Accounts" in the client as if the client doesnīt update the list provided by the server.

frank.

DigiTechSupt
10-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Does the server have the latest update? Are the clients using the latest version of the software? Is this happening for ALL clients, or just some of them? Are they on Mac or PC?

Frank Kruse
10-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Does the server have the latest update? Are the clients using the latest version of the software? Is this happening for ALL clients, or just some of them? Are they on Mac or PC?

Yes to all questions. All on Mac. The only clients that show the new users are the ones that log in for the first time. I guess the client just doesnīt update the list once it has received it from the server.

frank.

livesoundguy
10-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Try clearing the caches:

MacHD > Users > $username > Library > Caches > com.digidesign.digidelivery

Frank Kruse
10-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Try clearing the caches:

MacHD > Users > $username > Library > Caches > com.digidesign.digidelivery

Hm. Do I tell all users (many of them are executive production members that donīt really want to bother with this) to clear that cache every day just in case a new user gets created? Or do I have to send out an e-mail to all users asking them to clear the cache because Iīve created a new user?

hm. hope aspera fixes this soon.

frank.

Pete Gates
12-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I've just been bitten by this one. The account list is generally going to be so small, why cache it at all? I'm surprised it was designed like that and that more people haven't raised it as an issue.

Pete