PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Sample Tank in Pro Tools?

freezegelman
07-20-2007, 04:21 PM
How do I get the Sample Tank plug in into protools?
I know it's install on my computer... but for some reason it isn't showing up in Pro Tools.
Is there a certain folder is has to be in?
Any help would be appreciated

spkguitar
07-20-2007, 07:33 PM
The Sampletank installation procedure will put the plugin in the proper location. There are some anomalies to be aware of, but to offer them to you we need more information. What platform are you using? (mac or pc?) Which version of Sampletank? (full numeric version please) Which versions of Pro Tools? (again, full numeric version please)

Where did you get it? How do you know it is already installed?

ondruspat
07-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Are you trying to initiate Sampletank in a stereo or mono track? It is a stereo plug and will not show up on mono tracks.

freezegelman
07-27-2007, 04:41 AM
Hey guys thanks for writing back.
I need to check the version...
I'm using a PC and the version of Protools is 7.3_c
What I can't remember is how I attempted to install the sample tank...
I'm going to go through my installation CDS today and try to find out...

Thanks for your help,

Parker

freezegelman
07-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Ook Ok, so I guess I had it installed, but as someone mentioned I was trying to put it into a Mono track. I got Sample Tank V.2 in the Ignition Pack V1 but... there are no samples with it? Just the actually Plug In? or am I Imagining things?

ondruspat
07-30-2007, 07:17 AM
If I remember right you have show sampletank where the folder with the sounds is. It should be in the IKmultimedia program folder (like I said, if I remember right...)

freezegelman
07-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Awesome.
So now here comes the real issue... I just set my path way (which was already on the correct folder) to the folder with all the sounds files in it.. However, when ever I click on a sound in Sample Tank it says the file isn't found... even though the files are right there in the folder? What is Happening??!!

ok fixed that issue. I had to contact IK Media to ask them about it.
Now when I run sample tank the samples load, but they won't play. I click on the vitual key board and no sounds come out of it. What's going on? I myself don't have a MIDI keyboard, but I shouldn't see that as a problem... I should be able to use Sample Tank and "draw" the notes in grid mode...