PDA

View Full Version : i need serious help

jeffjice
07-12-2007, 12:52 AM
wassup guys this is jeff i just downloaded protools and it said i needed 2 update my TPkd driver and reboot my computer or reboot and reinstall the softwware i tried downloading drivers but it won't let me b/c i don't have a license. windows is also running in safe mode and forget how change tht 2 any of u know how? but is there any way 2 get pro tools running, update my TPKD driver w/o a license 2 download protools successfully?

i need serious help b/c i am a producer 4 3 artists and i need protools so i can use all of the help and info i can thanx

jeffjice
07-12-2007, 11:13 AM
i tried that 2 but my windows is in safe mode and it won't let me do it do u know how 2 turn safe mode off on your computer?

jeffjice
07-12-2007, 11:13 AM
i tried that 2 but my windows is in safe mode and it won't let me do it do u know how 2 turn safe mode off on your computer?

jeffjice
07-12-2007, 11:14 AM

spkguitar
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
how 2 turn safe mode off on your computer?

Reboot.

jeffjice
07-12-2007, 10:20 PM
i just now tried it and it still says i'm in safe mode anything else or is my computer just acting gay?

jeffjice
07-13-2007, 01:03 AM
i got it but quicktime won't download b/c its in safe mode and now pt is saying i'm missing directIO.dll wat is that and how do i get it?

spkguitar
07-13-2007, 05:24 AM
If you are still booting into safe mode, then there is something seriously wrong with your Windows XP installation. That has nothing to do with Pro Tools. You need to correct that before attempting to re-install or run Pro Tools. There could be a million reasons why you are stuck in safe mode, but you really didn't post details of how you got that way, or how your computer is set up. There are a couple of ways to fix it, depending on what is causing it. Try a Google of "XP stuck in safe mode"; it should turn up several suggestions.

If your Pro Tools installation is missing parts, you need to re-install it, or you aren't installing a full version; just an update.

Also, you said you downloaded Pro Tools? From where? Most publicly available downloads are updates only that require Pro Tools to already be installed. What Digidesign hardware are you using? The hardware usually comes with the installation disks. Did you buy it used? Is that why you're downloading? Did you purchase a full installation from the Digistore? Is that what you downloaded?