PDA

View Full Version : i'm confused with adat insert on digi 002

catfishblues
05-27-2007, 09:41 AM
hi
i'm a little bit lost with my insert in adat.
i'll try to explain the best, ok i got some tracks using LE with a digi 002, and i'd like to use some external effects such as stereo EQ and compresser to do some mastering.
my digi 002 go out in adat to my converter (rosetta 800), then in analog to my EQ, then the EQ come back in analog to the rosetta, then back to digi with adat.
it's working fine so far, but i'm realy not sure ,it's the way it have to be done...
the fact is i'm lost with how is the best way in pro tools to do this, i mean right now i just set the output of all tracks to adat, then i creat another audio or aux and set the inert to adat to take back the signal.
i can't set the master track to adat out, and after using my adat as an insert, i cannot set this track or any other track with adat as an input..
that is realy strange, maybe a bug or maybe something i have not set well.
it means if i'm using an insert in adat i will not be able to use anymore input in adat, even if i remove the insert.

someone help me, there's too many cables in my studio right now my head gonna blow away !
thanks

ps: it seems that my problem with no more adat as an input is linked with the fact that i was using another configuration before, cause i have just tryed now with my current configuration and i can revert without any problems.

albee1952
05-27-2007, 02:53 PM
SInce you are using a stereo setup for your mastering, could you use the SPDIF I/O and leave your lightpipe free for extra inputs? WHat EQ are you using. If you are using some inexpensive graphic, I would not bother and stay "in the box". A cheap external processor will likely add noise and other problems to your mix. Of course, some really nice mastering EQ device would be worth it. You would be surprised at the number of people that think they are going to improve their mixes by going thru a Behringer EQ and a DBX 166 comp/limiter....

kurt
05-27-2007, 03:32 PM
You could do that this way.
Route all tracks, groups & F/X to a new stereo aux (15 - 16) & call it MasterGroup.
Assign its output to Master L.-R.

EQ:
Insert your Rosetta on I/O 9-10 on MasterGroup track & connect EQ to Rosetta’s inputs & outputs 1 .- 2.

Proceed with Compressor on I/O insert 11. – 12.| Rosetta In & out 3. – 4.

Put Dither plug in as last insert on the Master L.-R.

You can now use remaining inserts on both MasterGroup & Master L. - R. for the additional processing.

Happy Mastering.

catfishblues
05-27-2007, 08:15 PM
ok so it seem that the way i was doing it was not so bad.
i'm using a drawmer 1961 an a manley variable mu for mastering
please do not insult me again with some berhinger stuff !! (joking)
and i avoid all the pre amp and built in converter of the digi 002, that's why i use the rosetta and some other pre amp or effects.
HD is too expensive for me and i'm kind of happy with my configuration now.

i already use the stereo spdif with an rosetta AD and a moog keyboard...and it's realy boring to rewire things all the time.
i will do your trick kurt it seem right to me...
if someone have some other tricks please share

thanks for your answers, it realy helps me !