PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Firewire Interface to Comp for 002R.

bugnut
04-26-2007, 08:11 PM
I am upgrading from an Mbox2 to a 002R but I don't have a firewire interface on my comp. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to add a firewire interface to my comp for use with the 002R? Should I get a PCI card or can I go with a USB 2.0 - Firewire converter?

albee1952
04-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Absolutely, get a PCI firewire card. Find the compatibility page in the support section for 2 approved cards.

bugnut
04-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks Dave.

dezuiri
05-28-2007, 01:15 AM
I am upgrading from an Mbox2 to a 002R but I don't have a firewire interface on my comp. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to add a firewire interface to my comp for use with the 002R? Should I get a PCI card or can I go with a USB 2.0 - Firewire converter?

wow, do they even make a usb - firewire converter. I would imagine that it would greatly reduce the speed of either, since usb uses serial, and firewire uses a parallel connection. It sounds like a bad idea. PCI card fo sho.

mindnoise
05-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Hi,

wow, do they even make a usb - firewire converter. I would imagine that it would greatly reduce the speed of either, since usb uses serial, and firewire uses a parallel connection. It sounds like a bad idea. PCI card fo sho.

...and I really doubt that a USB to FW converter would even work.
Make sure youre PCI card is qualified for ProTools!

Check here:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&navid=54&itemid=23113

regs