PDA

View Full Version : finding the tempo

tonejunkee
03-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Hi PTLE folks - I have a frustrating issue - I have been tracking a toy casio keyboard for drum sounds and now need to find the tempo! my friend said to try the "tap t" technique, but I need something more accurate. maybe beatmap? please advise

www.myspace.com/benlong (http://www.myspace.com/benlong)

Stiff
03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Use the 'Identify beat' command. Check the reference guide for more details.

jre3132
03-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Identify beat is probably the way to go,

not sure if you're on a mac or pc, but, if mac, I use BPM widget. You can use the space bar to tap the tempo and find it within a few seconds. If you're interested, Google "BPM widget" - its the first result listed.

DeNiro
03-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Simply turn the click on in PT and sync up your Casio and adjust the tempos. If you're good with clicks then this should work!!

tonejunkee
03-21-2007, 09:31 PM
well I tried the identify beat feature. it just popped up a box and when I entered the data....it disappeared...forever. what did it do exactly? and where can I find the "reference guide"

as far as tapping, I tried that with by tapping t. It's not accurate enough....heck, I'm not accurate enough. this is a casio drum beat, which should be a locked in tempo

Stiff
03-22-2007, 12:49 AM
and where can I find the "reference guide"

Quiet! Shawn might hear you!

In Pro Tools, click the help menu and then 'Pro Tools reference guide'

spkguitar
03-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Am I that much of a RTFM Nazi?

*ahem* The reference guide is installed as a PDF with the software. Stiff is right if you're on a MAC, it is available from the help menu. It should be available from the help menu on the PC as well, but if you're using the most current version (7.3) there is (still) a bug in the windows version that makes it unavailable from the help menu within the program (Still!!). The documents are all still available from the windows start menu, though, under Digidesign->Documentation.