PDA

View Full Version : Additional license for Music Prod Toolkit?

Fred Vigdor
02-10-2007, 02:06 PM
My writing partner and I purchased the Music Production Toolkit a few months ago. The features are great (if overpriced) but the problem is when we work on something and I take it home to do some tweaking, if I forget to take the iLok I can't open all the tracks, or if I take the home and then forget to bring it back to the studio . . . well, you get the idea.

Does anyone know if Digidesign has a plan that allows you to purchase a second license at a discount, or is there any other (legal) method to use in this situation? We really don't want to shell out the dough for another Music Production Toolkit for occasional use.

Thanks,
FV

sunburst79
02-10-2007, 11:24 PM
The best solution would be to buy the MPT and sell the remaing plugs on Ebay to recoup most of your money back.

Fred Vigdor
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM
That's not a bad idea. Could I really sell off the individual plug-ins? Aren't the plug-ins all licensed as one along with the MPToolkit?

sunburst79
02-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Most of them carry individual iLok licences with the exception of a few Maxim, MP3 option etc that have licencese cards. The 48 track option is on its own iLok liscence so if thats all you need the rest of the MPT can goe on eBay. The buyers will have top pay iLoks 25.00 Doller transfer fee per plug but thats unavoidable. You might also check ebay if all you need is the 48 track option they shop up from time to time. I think the going rate for the 48 track lisences is about 200.00...As far as I know they are all transferable.

sunburst79
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Most of them carry individual iLok licenses with the exception of a few Maxim, MP3 option etc that have license cards. The 48 track option is on its own iLok license so if thats all you need the rest of the MPT can go on eBay.

The buyers will have top pay iLoks 25.00 Doller transfer fee per plug but thats unavoidable.

You might also check ebay if all you need is the 48 track option they show up from time to time.

I think the going rate for the 48 track liscences is about 200.00...

As far as I know the plugs are all transferable.

Ryan Young
02-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Is the multi-track beat detective available by itself? If so, I'm interested. I have DV Toolkit, and everything else that MPTK offers, just not the beat detective option.