PDA

View Full Version : software boys

CZARUŚ
01-05-2007, 03:10 AM
it is possible to do on new version software some switch who do monitor level to master fader that is very handy when you do monitor system no the desk
Maybe you can tell me why you don't do it yet ??
thanks for you's help:)

Sheldon Radford
01-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi Martin,

This feature is on our "to do" list, but it's a really long list (as I'm sure you can imagine), so I can't say for certain when or if it will be included.

PS: There are software girls at Digi too...

Sheldon

CZARUŚ
01-06-2007, 03:07 AM
hi
I can to imagine it is a long list but to me is first problem
I do on this desk Ca Ira Rogera Watersa and I have 96 channel in and 23 aux and you to believe me
the monitor knob it is not comfort position and easy to me use master fader (but I can not )
Maybe People software can find other way to do it
thx
Martin

Sheldon Radford
01-06-2007, 10:25 AM
(Disclaimer: I haven't tried this but in theory it should work.)

If you're not using the LR bus at all simply patch the monitor output to one of the FOH digital ouptuts, and patch this back to a FOH digital input. In the patchbay, route this input to an unused stereo channel strip or FX return, and assign the channel to the LR bus. The master fader then controls the cue level. Make sure the monitoring output knob is at its full clockwise (0 dB) position, and set the input channel for 0 dB gain so everything's at unity.

Be VERY careful to avoid feedback loops. Accidentally PFL'ing the monitor input channel or enabling Mix to Monitors will cause a loop.

Another approach a lot of people use is to run the monitoring output through a stereo volume pedal, and control the level with their foot instead of a fader.

Sheldon

SteveGam
01-06-2007, 07:22 PM
That's a great solution. I'm going to try that tomorrow...

I hope Martin can work with that.

-Steve

CZARUŚ
01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi
Today I have new software 2.5 and I check your's idea to make monitor on master fader it work but the cabel must be digital cabel for AES/EBU, normal microphon cabel have some digital drop
thx
for help
Martin

Sheldon Radford
01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Here's another approach that doesn't use additional input channels:

Route the monitor bus to an AES output on FOH rack, then bring it back in the hardware insert point on Mains (Inserts tab on Patchbay). Make sure you activate the Hardware insert on the Mains channel strip, and again, watch out for Mix to Monitor - it WILL feedback if it's turned on and the Mains fader is moved above 0 dB.

Sheldon