PDA

View Full Version : Waves Live Plugin Bundle

dstagl
10-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Anyone at AES have any info on this, yet?

Dave

emluper
10-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Hey Dave,

Congrats on the North Point appointment! There is good news and bad news depending on whether you are a current Waves owner. They were showing the live bundle at the Digi booth, it works, but Waves has no release date or current idea on pricing. It appears to be the Gold bundle with Renn Maxx, about 27 plugs total. IR-1 is not available and may NEVER be available because in Pro Tools world it is an RTAS plug, not TDM. Since Venue deals strictly with TDM plugs, no IR-1 unless Waves decides to make a TDM version for Pro Tools also. Especially bad news if you are a current owner is that there is no upgrade path, it will be a separate purchase, with all the thousands of dollars that that entails as well as a separate Waves Update Plan. To see how much the Pro Tools users appreciate the WUP, hop over to the Pro Tools forum and search for WUP or Waves Update Plan.

Hope this was helpful, I might be able to scan the brochure and email it to you.

Blessings,

Erik
Family Community Church

dstagl
10-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Erik.

I only want the SSL stuff from Waves. Maybe their multiband stuff would be cool, too, but right now I'm just using the McDSP one all over the place. Did they show off the SSL stuff at AES? Is there a special Waves shell for the Venue or will the existing TDM plugs work as is?

All I'm using my FOH Pro Tools rig for right now is recording rehearsals for virtual soundcheck stuff and archives. I actually went through the PT system and cleared all the plugins off because it was taking so long to load.

Dave

emluper
10-12-2006, 07:41 AM
There were no current plans to bring SSL to Venue. We're using the G Channel stuff all over the place too! REALLY love it on 5-string, our player's all have boutiques with Bartolini's in them, the lows can be overpowering unless we use the G channel ssl comp.

Erik

Sheldon Radford
10-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi Dave,

THe first release from Waves will be a VENUE-specific bundle containing 27 plug-ins. Hopefully the SSL plugs follow soon after. Availability is expected within a few weeks and pricing is TBD.

Waves Live Bundle contents:
Audio Track
C1
C4
DeEsser
Doppler
Doubler
Enigma
L1
L2
MaxxBass
Metaflanger