PDA

View Full Version : Surround Mixing

Scott Nelson
08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm interested in the Venue, but we are running in surround at our church. It is my understanding that the Venue will not do surround. Does anyone have any experience with the Venue in surround applications?

Scott Nelson
snelson@chcc.org

mixFarm
08-12-2006, 08:58 AM
hi, have done a tour in surround with the venue. works great if you have the right ideas to work around. if oyu use live controlled surroud, the best way is to attach a protools HD1 to the HDx card and use protools surround capabilities for live. works absolutaly fanstastic and stable.

the mixfarm

AudioForLife
11-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Id like some more information if anyones got it, about the capabilities of the Venue for a surround situation, for example, Our Room is going to be used for Performance mainly but will occasionally be used for conferences, meetings, movies, etc. Our speaker situation is going to accomodate both, the part I need clarified, is how does one control say a 5.1 source such as a DVD, SACD, DVD-Audio, within the Venue. Possibly bringing in the Signal Discretely, and assign the surround outputs to the Surround speakers, and the LCR to LCR....We are still in the process of system design, Personally I dig the Venue, our system designer is suggesting a few other options, Im trying to weigh them, any info would be great.

Thanks

BEn