PDA

View Full Version : STRIKE has finally landed!!!

denka
08-11-2006, 06:04 AM
bad news is that it takes about 2 hours to install. Borring!

SHREDDER
08-11-2006, 04:43 PM
bad news is that it takes about 2 hours to install. Borring!

Shiat...........that ain't nothing! Try installing DKFHS with it's 5 dvd's.I cancelled my order for Strike after getting the RTAS patch for DKFHS.

Oli P
08-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Does the RTAS version work well in PT 7.1 ?

Rammelt
08-12-2006, 04:14 PM

If you're referring to the DFHS RTAS; yes, it does work very well but it's still in Public Beta.
I, for one have had some crashes with it on my HD system with PT 7.1 cs9 but since reverting back to cs8, I haven't had one single hiccup, so it must be PT cs9 related.

Best Regards,
John

Oli P
08-13-2006, 03:04 AM
Thanks John! I'm still on cs8 too, and got the e-mail from Toontrack...I'll check it out

Maybe Strike will be a nice addition ...but the sound demo's I'we heard so far, sound kinda stiff.

JackV
08-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Just out of curiosity, how did you get your copy so fast? According to the Avidstore delivery takes two weeks.

Cheers,

Jack

denka
08-13-2006, 06:14 AM
Just out of curiosity, how did you get your copy so fast? According to the Avidstore delivery takes two weeks.

Cheers,

Jack

I preordered from www.audiomidi.com (http://www.audiomidi.com) 2-3 weeks ago - $285 - they started with shipping on 09/08/06.

Esay to use, rock stable, sounds much better than EZdrummer, Groove Agent 2, Reason's DrumKit 2...don't have a time to write more.'

I adore it!

SHREDDER
08-13-2006, 08:41 AM

Works very well for me.

Vaporhead
08-13-2006, 04:23 PM

Works very well for me.

Works great for me too.

The Dubnicks
08-19-2006, 02:01 AM
Could someone who's recieved Strike do me a favor and test something out? Could you program a hi-hat pattern that involves a lot of open-to-closed and closed-to-open action, then play it back with only the room mic channels solo'd? Is the transition between open and closed smooth and realistic in the room mic channels or choppy and unrealistic (samples cutting each other off)? I ask, because as appealing as a lot of drum modules like Strike are, this is one of the aspects that most companies overlook (in my experience, Toontrack products have been the only ones that address this and they do it really well with something called transmutting - I've heard BFD has something similar, but I've yet to try BFD). Anyhow, if any of you could try this and post the results that would be great (an mp3 would be amazing). Thanks!

SKoT_FX
08-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Dubnicks: There should be a BFD Lite in your PT 7 Ignition pack, if you wanna try BFD.

LSW
08-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I would REALLY like to try this one out before buying. Has anyone heard of an available demo license anywhere?

ZEUSS
08-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Same here. Just put 1 kit in the demo. At least we can try it.

The Dubnicks
08-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Dubnicks: There should be a BFD Lite in your PT 7 Ignition pack, if you wanna try BFD.

Hey Skot - I actually don't have the Ignition Pack - I'm an MBox 1 owner and my Digi 002 is older and didn't come with one. I did see that you guys have the demo version available online now, which is a great move - I will try it out sometime smooth. I didn't mean to indicate that the BFD approach to transmutting was somehow less effective than the Toontrack approach, only that I had no personal experience with it, but as I understand it from brief discussions online with yourself and Angus, that you guys and Toontrack both acknowledge that this would be an issue with "hypersampled" kits and boith have solutions (Toontrack refers to it's as transmutting), whereas some others like the Reason Drumkits Refill, which has an amazingly well recorded set of kits, do not address this issue and cause the user to be more careful in hi-hat programming, which adds time to the process. I am writing here to ask Strike users let me know if Digi/AIR have employed any sort of transmutting-like technique or not. I'm sure BFD is great and I will try it sometime soon - cheers!

cfb25
08-21-2006, 04:09 PM
I'd love to hear more about strike if anyone has it... The sound clips online only sound ok, but all the features seem great.. What do people think ?