PDA

View Full Version : recording our band live in pro tools

phildeez247
04-14-2006, 01:16 AM
we are about to go on tour in may and i just got a power book g4.....we want to do live recording at the shows and are thinking about useing a couple edirol interfaces....we take up about 16 channels after all the drums and instruments are micd....my question is...can you daisey chain the interfaces so we have enough channels....or is there a better way of doing it?

MX582
04-16-2006, 11:09 AM
you could try what i do.. im running a powerbook g4 with a 002 rack with 2 focusrite octopre le's, one octopre is used an an adat for 8 extra channels and the other is used to bypass the stock pre's on the 002. so all together i have 16 channels.

DigiTechSupt
04-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Are you using the Venue console? If so, you can just get the FWx card for the Venue and record up to 18 channels direct from that to your Powerbook using Pro Tools LE (the version that came with the Venue).

phildeez247
04-17-2006, 12:02 PM
no...i didnt realize it was a forum for that till after i posted....basically im just trying to figure out the best way to do live recording without spending a whole lot....like i said i bought a brand new power book so we can record our shows when we go on tour, but i was told you could daisey chain the edirol interfaces which are 10 in and 10 out

dstagl
04-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Check one of the Pro Tools LE forums, you will probably find more users doing what you are trying to do in there.

Dave

phildeez247
04-25-2006, 12:05 AM
mx582

i was just looking at the focusrite octopre le's....people keep telling me that digi design software only works with their hardware though...also i was wondering if you need to add the optional digital converter card to them ...sorry to post in the wrong forum guys but i couldnt send him a private message