PDA

View Full Version : IS THE MBOX2 ONLY CAPABLE OF 2X2 RECORDING

garciablood
04-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm trying to record 4 simultaneous live in's through the mbox2 using PRO TOOLS LE, and still be able to mix down each track individually.Does anyone know if this is possable? What is the maximum simultanious inputs, possable to record with the mbox2?

spkguitar
04-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know if this is possable?

Yes.
What is the maximum simultanious inputs, possable to record with the mbox2?

The answer is 4, but you will need another 2x external digital converter/preamp to hook up to the S/PDIF inputs.

garciablood
04-11-2006, 01:15 PM
hey thanks.Would be it possalbe using the xlr input and a y spliter on a stereo track then creating a 2 new mono tracks and clicking and draging so in theory 6 simulatnious tracks?I read this was possable with the original mbox do you know if is possable on the mbox2?or if possable at all?Appreciate the feed back thanks again.

spkguitar
04-11-2006, 03:55 PM
hey thanks.Would be it possalbe using the xlr input and a y spliter on a stereo track then creating a 2 new mono tracks and clicking and draging so in theory 6 simulatnious tracks?

No.
I read this was possable with the original mbox do you know if is possable on the mbox2?

Whoever wrote what you read was pulling your leg and/or had no idea what they were talking about. It was not possible with the mBox 1 and it is not possible with the mBox2.

mBox1 = 2 inputs period
mBox2 = 4 inputs period

002/002R = 18 inputs