PDA

View Full Version : FXpansion BFD

Stig Eliassen
04-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi.

I'm having problems with BFD. I haven't used it in six months, but thought I'd start using it again. I downloaded the latest update (1.5.0.39), and did as follows:

1) Repaired permission with Disk Utility like I always do

2) Installed the update

3) Restarted the Mac

4) Repaired permission again like I always do

5) Started Pro Tools, created a stereo aux and inserted BFD All

6) Created a midi track

Loaded a kit into ram, and started playing. But the samples got cut off half way, like a really steep fade causing clicks in the audio. So, I loaded another kit. Same story. Then another. Same again.
Started troubleshooting and were looking into BFD Options when PT suddenly quit.

Anyone else having trouble with BFD nowadays, or maybe can help me somehow?

Thanks in advance.

GeneOuse
04-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Which instance of BFD are you running? Rewire or RTAS? Try the RTAS, or better wrap the VST version via FXpansion VST-to-RTAS adapter. If samples are cut halfway you might want to make sure that "RAM only" option is unchecked to make sure BFD reads the remaining samples off of harddisk after it plays the preloaded ram sample.

crizdee
04-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Anyone else having trouble with BFD nowadays, or maybe can help me somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Have you tried using it on a instrument track as apposed to inserting on an AUX track! Why we're you using an AUX track for an instrument?

I have very similar setup to you? G5 2gig dual 5g ram 10.4.5 PT7.1cs6 and BFD Latest 1.5.0.39 and just to confirm, mine is working ok.

Try the usual stuff and re-unstall BFD
Have you tried in a new session with no other plugs instantiated.

Any crash logs, then fire them over to Angus an fxpansion, he'll be only to pleased to help.

Chris

Stig Eliassen
04-09-2006, 07:10 AM
GeneOuse, I tried the RTAS version. I don't own the wrapper, but that's just a matter of time. Tried with "ram only" both checked/unchecked, but either way the samples got cut off (should've included this info right away...sorry).

Crizdee, I've avoided Instrument tracks more and more because they just won't work properly for me. I get loud "bangs" when assigning I/O's, changing plug-ins, creating sends, and some ways of writing automation doesn't work. But, I will try BFD on an Instrument track.
Also, this happened on a brand new session...but, I will try yet another.

Thanks a lot, guys. I read somewhere that to get BFD to work with PT 7 needed to use custom install?? Something regarding the wrapper?? Did you use custom installation?

Stig Eliassen
04-09-2006, 04:04 PM
I tried all your suggestions, but it didn't help. So, I bought the VST to RTAS wrapper, and voila...all good. No crashes, and no sample cut-offs.
A bit strange that the latest RTAS version doesn't work, even though it really is wrapped out of the box. Anyway, the wrapper is a bargain, and obviously a must have. Pretty excited to check out some VST's, and maybe try to wrap Moog Modular. It's shown some nasty symptoms.

Thanks for all your help, guys.