PDA

View Full Version : hardware upgrade: can I use the old factory bundle

flail_19
03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I originally bought the Mbox factory bundle with the ilok etc... I have purchased a digi 002r and it should be coming in the mail soon. My question is: Can I upgrade my old PT le 6.7 up to the Pt Le 7.0 that is coming with the new 002r and still use my ilock and factory bundle plug ins? Thanks to anyone who helps out with this question.

spkguitar
03-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Can I upgrade my old PT le 6.7 up to the Pt Le 7.0 that is coming with the new 002r and still use my ilock and factory bundle plug ins?

Yes. That really is the benefit and purpose of the iLok; to be able to use the plugins you paid for on whichever system you are using. The only thing that is on the iLok are the authorizations. You will need to load the updates for those plugins for PT7, but the authorizations will work just like they did in 6.7.

davegilliss
03-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Just to verify what spkguitar is saying is true, I was in the same situation as you with the factory bundle with PTLE 6.7 and upgraded to PTLE 7 (with super deluxe ultra-log, ummm I mean the 2 free plug-ins). I'm happy to report that everything is working fine and all of my plug-ins are happy.

enjoy!

Dave-G