PDA

View Full Version : .dat file not found!!! Please help!

cloughri
02-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Hello all...

I have installed Xpand!...loaded it up on an instrument track...and Layer 1 says "Xpand! .dat file not found". I checked that everything was installed properly. I'm using a Mac, so the plugin is in the Plugins folder, the presets are in the Plugin Settings folder, and the .dat file is in the Application Support -> Digidesign folder. The "read me" file that came with the install disc mentioned that you may have a problem with the permissions for the .dat file if "GrafficConverter" is installed on your computer. I checked, and could not find that app on my system...so I'm at a loss! I really would love to use Xpand!, but I can't access any of the sounds!!! Please help!

Thanks!

spkguitar
02-27-2006, 11:44 AM
The documentation says the location should be:

On Mac OS X
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Xpand!

cloughri
02-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Sure enough!

Right after I posted my question, I double checked the documentaton and noticed the extra Expand! folder involved. The installer did not place the Expand!.dat file into it's own folder. So I create my own and placed the file within....it instantly fixed the problem!

Thanks for the repy!

spy2520
03-03-2006, 05:44 AM
I'm guesing in windows this has to be on the C: drive? I am getting the same error and everything appears to be in the correct folder according to the documentation, except i usually install software like this on a drive other than the system drive.

spkguitar
03-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Everything Pro Tools related should always be on the system drive for windows machines. That includes the Pro Tools program and all plugins.