PDA

View Full Version : punch in recording

mastermorris
12-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I am having a problem using punch recording. For enstance... I recording a vocal track and the last measure sucked but the other parts are keepers. I know how to zoom in and edit the material but do no know how to re-record using the punch tool. Can anyone help. Thanks.

RM

benunh
12-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Two easy options.
Put yourself in Quick Punch Mode (I forget which pulldown this is under). Then Record Arm the offending track and press PLAY. When you get to the spot you want to re-record, hit the RECORD button and it starts recording.

The other way (if you're by yourself)...
Place the cursor where you want to actually start recording. Record Arm the track. Set your pre-roll on the Transport to whatever length suits you. Enable pre-roll (press Ctrl+K). Then press Record and Play and it will give you some time before your marker then start recording when it gets to the spot.

Rock on.

Ben

msg6794
12-02-2005, 02:23 PM
You can also select the region you want to record in, from the instant you want "in" to the instant you want "out". Then give yourself a few seconds of pre and post-roll and hit record. play along w/yourself, and you're all set.