PDA

View Full Version : regions bin hot keys

kloned1s
10-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I wanted to know how to get audio regions into the session from the regions bin without useing the mouse only the keyboard and/or a-z options. also, is there a way to change your audition volume level?
I know these are advanced questions... my crew comes advanced.

cml3160
10-13-2005, 03:08 PM
You ain't advanced. I learned that stuff in PTools Kindergarten. You got nuthin on my PTizzle Knawledge YO. Just hold Shift-Apple-Banana and scratch yourself. You'll get it eventually.

Advanced Assasin

Stig Eliassen
10-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi.

is there a way to change your audition volume level?

You might be able to do this if you create a second Master fader in your session, say output 7-8, and then select 7-8 as the audition path. Adjust to taste. But this is pure speculation, never tried it myself.

kloned1s
10-13-2005, 08:23 PM
The master fader trick is something to think about, thanks. Still tryin to figure out the regions bin thing. may have to make a call to digi training center.

poolsidestudios
10-14-2005, 08:48 AM
I wanted to know how to get audio regions into the session from the regions bin without useing the mouse only the keyboard and/or a-z options. also, is there a way to change your audition volume level?
I know these are advanced questions... my crew comes advanced.

Wow, I did not know, that people do not read manuals to this extent!!! :-)

You should have a complete list of shortcuts as a table within our hardcopy or software manuals....

best,

Louis

Stig Eliassen
10-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Just create a second master fader in your session and choose that fader for your audition path in I/O Setup. I tried it and it works.

kloned1s
10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
There are hot keys not in the manual. like fat meters for instance. I teach protools softwear and theres things in the 310 expert certification that go deeper than "reading the manual" either you know or you dont. sarcastic replys to good questions helps noonoe

poolsidestudios
10-18-2005, 12:08 AM
There are hot keys not in the manual. like fat meters for instance. I teach protools softwear and theres things in the 310 expert certification that go deeper than "reading the manual" either you know or you dont. sarcastic replys to good questions helps noonoe

Sorry, if I have offended you. I thought you were looking for the obvious ones (KC). It's definitely clearer now, what you are after. Thanks for elaborating on this.

Mea culpa.

poolsidestudios
10-18-2005, 12:35 AM
There are hot keys not in the manual. like fat meters for instance.

Hi Kloned,

this is from the manual, btw :-) Page 92 Pro Tools Reference Guide:

To enable Wide Meters View:
? Press Control-Start-Alt (Windows) or Command-
Option-Control (Macintosh), and click
the track level meters in either the Mix or Edit
window.
To disable Wide Meters View:
? Press Control-Start-Alt (Windows) or Command-
Option-Control (Macintosh), and click
the track level meters a second time in either the
Mix or the Edit window.