PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible with groups?

KimSira
10-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi all
I'm about to take the plunge into ProTools HD coming from Logic land and have grabbed an Mbox to start learning commands and stuff. I was wondering if this is possible -
Create a group or maker window set for let's say all the aux ins, and create a group for all your guitars. Now if I right click on the guitar group, I will see nothing but guitars, great. Now if I add a new blank track while still in this group view mode, can that group automatically update with the extra track. So if I switch to the aux in view and then back to the guitar group, that extra track will be there?

Thanks
Kim

filmixer
10-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Pro Tools won't group new tracks automatically. How would it know if you really wanted to add a new track to a group? It's easy to do though. To add tracks to an existing group, just (Shift) select the tracks in the group, plus the ones you want to add, go to File>Group Selected Tracks. A dialog will appear to select the Group ID you want the tracks to join.

Mount Royal
10-06-2005, 04:49 AM
...To add tracks to an existing group, just (Shift) select the tracks in the group, plus the ones you want to add, go to File>Group Selected Tracks. A dialog will appear to select the Group ID you want the tracks to join.

Really glad to learn this. Can you delete tracks from an existing group in the same way?

John Caldwell

blairl
10-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Can you delete tracks from an existing group in the same way?

Yes.