PDA

View Full Version : stationary pad

Bryan Cook
10-03-2005, 12:11 PM
I am used to making template sessions, saving and closing them, then hitting apple-I to get info on that session. hitting the "stationary pad" box and then when i double click on that template/stationary pad session it gives me the option to "new session" or "edit stationary pad"

On a system new to me I tried this and double clicking on the template/stationary pad instantly made "session name_copy of" and opened a new session within the same folder, not giving me the choice to edit the stationary pad or save a new session in a different folder. any ideas what is going on here?

system is OSX 10.4 running PT 6.9

Iain Graham
10-03-2005, 02:51 PM
You need to File>Open, or Command>O and navigate to the template session within Pro Tools to get it to work now. Can't remember why, but it's a 6.9 thing.

HTH,

Iain

Stig Eliassen
10-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Hi.

This is an OS thing. Do a search for "stationary pad" if you'd like to know more.

Hogie
10-04-2005, 04:36 AM
If you drag your template file onto the PT icon in the dock, PT will open and then prompt you to create a new session or edit the stationary pad.

RobMacki
10-12-2005, 08:53 AM
If you open your templates from the Workspace Browser it will behave normally also.