PDA

View Full Version : Return to prior Selection

carmichael
09-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Is there a way to return (re-select) the prior selection (I believe some software uses the backspace key for this) -- I often lose my place after carefully making the perfect selection? I've dug through all the keyboard shortcuts and can't find this.

Thanks!

Frank Kruse
09-23-2005, 03:22 AM
Is there a way to return (re-select) the prior selection (I believe some software uses the backspace key for this) -- I often lose my place after carefully making the perfect selection? I've dug through all the keyboard shortcuts and can't find this.

Thanks!

Yes the Waveframe did this. Itīs one of the biggest downsides of the way PT handles edit selections. Because there are no dedicated edit in and out markers there is also no undo to "unselect". A very cumbersome work-around is that you punch in a selection only memory locator. But imagine keeping track of all those hundreds of selections you make when working...
Again one good thing digi didnīt learn from AudioVision..

Frank.

TLmix
09-23-2005, 06:58 AM
a few more workarounds.

1. you can separate the reigion that you have selected ( command E)
2. create a dummy midi track. Put it in "blocks". Make your selection in the MIDI track. Shift+Command+3 to consolidate selection. You can name it whatever you like as a marker.

TL

carmichael
09-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Thanks!

I'd be so lost without these forums and kind people like yourselves.