PDA

View Full Version : Can I bounce to mp3 faster than real time??

Biz Audio
09-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Mac user. MBox. ProToolsLe. iBook G3 500mhz.
I create 40 60 second spots for radio in the course of 3.5 hours for emailing to radio stations.

Having to bounce in real time to mp3 format is adding a minute/20 seconds to each one. Added up this means an extra hour of work and is crunching deadlines.

Is there a faster way to do this? I know other software (Cubase) masters to a file format in 15 seconds. Is there an option using my ProTools.

I either find a way with ProTools LE, use different software, or lose a decent account.

A.

spkguitar
09-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Is there an option using my ProTools.

Nope. You will have to use other software.

Shan
09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Is there a faster way to do this?

Yes.

But nothing more than 2 tracks.

Ctrl+Shift+K will open up the 'Export Selected As Files' window.

Totally non-realtime offline bounce and fast but doesnt work on more than 2 tracks.

Not many people are aware of this. Including the famous Mr. spkguitar

Shane

Biz Audio
09-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Perfect, Shan! That did it. I don't need to export more than 2 tracks, so your suggestion nailed it. I owe you a cup of coffee.

By the way, being a mac user, the Ctrl+Shift+K didn't work...so I did Cmnd+Shift+K, and that did it.

Well done. Great tip!

Shan
09-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Perfect, Shan! That did it. I don't need to export more than 2 tracks, so your suggestion nailed it. I owe you a cup of coffee.

By the way, being a mac user, the Ctrl+Shift+K didn't work...so I did Cmnd+Shift+K, and that did it.

Well done. Great tip!

Great to hear. Dont forget though that if you have any processing on your stereo master fader or insets on tracks that those will NOT be included in your bounce. Only what you selected.

By the way I dont drink coffee But thanks for the offer. But I do need some great sounding vocal talent for VO work. And cheap. I wouldnt mind hearing some of your radio spots. Shoot me an email. You dont have an email address in your profile.

Shane

spkguitar
09-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Not many people are aware of this. Including the famous Mr. spkguitar

To clarify, I was aware of it, but usually do not consider it a viable solution because of the exclusions you just mentioned.

Shan
09-23-2005, 03:12 PM
To clarify, I was aware of it, but usually do not consider it a viable solution because of the exclusions you just mentioned.

I know bro Just a friendly poke at ya.

Ive noticed that the only ones who have really used it over the years are the radio guys. Or I wouldnt even bothered to mention it myself.

By the way, the pepsi spew from yesterday still burns the nostrils.

Shane

Eless
09-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Is there any quality loss bouncing this way?

martian
10-06-2005, 11:51 PM
no quality loss - but it is different as these geezers sed!

It may well sound different as any plugin's such as compression or fader moves won't be used....

I did some versioning on PT- and if it's just the tags u want to change on the end then - make one master mix BUT with out the end tags.

U can then just mix the last 5 secs ( if that's how long your tags are) - bounce those different ends out and marry them to the body... ( consolidate the clips shift option 3 - on a mac) then export that bite...

man wouldn't a faster than realtime bounce be nice.....

Can't believe all my other gear ( live DP reason) can bounce to disk faster than a $10,000 Tedium system?

hehe realtime real -T-D-M!!!!!!