PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Plugs

Mad Hatter
09-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Does anybody have any experience and opinions with the different Guitar amp emulation plug-ins (Amp Farm, Amplitube, etc)?

What do you guys find have the best sounds?

-Buck

Stig Eliassen
09-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi.

I like Amp Farm, Amplitube, SansAmp, (my Fender DeLuxe '65) etc....they all perform well for certain tasks in my opinion. What you really need to do is work with them. Download all available demoes, and blast away. We all have different taste, right?

Rock on.

The Rockroom
09-21-2005, 10:51 PM
We have been using NI Guitar Rig lately, and it has proven to be an excellent choice for us IMHO.
Hell, i like to just play through it in the studio during downtime...
We've used Sansamp & Amplitube quite a bit as well, but GR has really been great for us, due to the flexibility & variety, as well as the very good quality of the sounds.

slickrick
09-21-2005, 11:28 PM
I have Amp Farm, Sans Amp and Amplitube and have used AF extensively for years.

IMNSHO, they are absolutely no match for a good amp and proper mic placement.

No contest.

If you're restricted for space/noise restrictions/lack of decent amps, then consider using two for a more layered feel. On their own, they suck...but you can get halfway there using a combination.

Cheers,

R

Andre Knecht
09-21-2005, 11:34 PM
I recommend you also search the archives. (The topic surfaces practically on a weekly basis.) Get nearly all the possible opinions and shades thereof… in practically no time. You can be ready to pump some money into the economy within an hour.