PDA

View Full Version : MIDI config on pro tools with Firewire 410

dju
09-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Ok so I may be totally dumb but i simply cannot understand how to get any MIDI sound via my M Audio Firewire 410. In fact that's not only with Pro Tools but with almost anything else (with Logic for instance impossible to get any midi sound in my headphones)

Did I miss something?

Basically I got all the output lines in my headphones plugged into the M Audio. I can listen to audio tracks in Pro Tools but as soon as I use Midi track i dont get anything....

The level meter shows there is a midi activity but no sounds..

I guess this is a general configuration problem as it doesn't only occur with Pro Tools...

So in my Mac Midi setup I have a "IAC Driver" that is set to be offline and the "Firewire 410" that is set online. (the box is ticked but the text online is greyed...) .
If I click "Test Setup" here, I cant hear anything so I guess there is a problem??? There should be a midi sound played when you click this right? Someone could confirm???
Thanks
Julien

DigiTechSupt
09-19-2005, 10:34 AM
The problem is that MIDI is just data - you need something to play that data, either an external hardware synth or an internal software synth.