PDA

View Full Version : SourceConnect

myke2242
09-15-2005, 08:39 PM
SourceConnect, a great plugin. I am wondering how many PT users currently are using it and
how often?

mampam
09-16-2005, 07:11 AM
We used it once with the studio that created it. Worked wonderfully. We use both a Prima 23 and CDQ 2000 codecs for ISDN patches and have for years with great sucess. Source Connect sounded as good and was easier to use (also includes a Chalk Board, for private comments between the engineers) than the Hardware codecs.
The only limitation for us IS the number of studios using it....I feel like this will increase in the coming years.
Soundworks, Houston TX

DAPG
09-17-2005, 03:13 PM
We have Source Connect. Works great. Sounds as good as our ISDN codecs (we have a Prima and an APT-X Tokyo).

For non-critical applications (VO sessions, etc.), Source Connect is great. It's easy to use and it sounds great.

For critical applications like sports broadcasting, etc., an ISDN codec is still best due to the fact that it uses a point-to-point switched circuit that is not susceptible to network congestion.

That being said, Source Connect is fantastic and I highly recommend it.

Chief Technician
09-17-2005, 09:09 PM
We have Source-Connect as well. We just completed one of their certification sessions and are awaiting to be certified. It sounds great, and works as advertised. The only thing I do not like about it, and it is apparently not a fault of the plug-in's developers, is the command focus. If you are sending an IM within Source-Connect, and do not press the return key to send it, your keyboard focus isn't where you expect it to be. Always send an IM within Source-Connect by pressing return.

Digidesign, if you are reading this, please change the way keyboard focus works with plug-ins!

Source-Connect username: nutmeg_d

myke2242
09-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I have to agree with there. texting in SC is horrible at best! Just patch your TB in to the send
and everything is peachy once again. I know this is completely off subject but, i would like to
see a auto copy feature when copying a setting from a realtime plugin to a Audio Suite plugin.
it would save so much time!

Rail Jon Rogut
09-19-2005, 09:46 AM
You mean like Command+Shift+C and Command+Shift+V?

Rail

myke2242
09-19-2005, 10:30 AM
You mean like Command+Shift+C and Command+Shift+V?

Rail

Exactly but, as you know you can not preform this operation in a audio suite without having
to click paste in the audio suite's drop down box (save, save as, import, export, copy, paste etc.)
you are using.

As i was saying, i was off subject with this topic. i should just start a new posting.

Chief Technician
09-19-2005, 08:25 PM
I have to agree with there. texting in SC is horrible at best!

I have to keep reminding myself to press return, not enter.

Digidesign, your plug-in SDK needs a focus update!

PMoshay
10-04-2005, 06:07 PM
It worked great for me going to Taiwan and Beijing from NY on a medium speed verizon DSL line.
Audio quality was great....and the people at the company are fantastic, they will get you set up in no time if you cant do it yourself.
I will be buying it with my friends soon.

Sure beats the old dolbyfax system @ $500hr + $20k of hardware