PDA

View Full Version : playback problem

nicmate
09-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Hello there,
I've got a bit of a problem with audio I've recorded when I change buffer size. I am using PT 002 6.7 on a pentium 4 pc with an external 7200 firewire drive for the audio, which all seems to be working fine. I am recording using a buffer size of 256 which gives me no latency, but when I change the buffer size to 1024 to mix, the audio appears to speed up. The same thig happens with the low latency monitoring mode. Am I just being a bit of a twat or is there something I should be doing that I'm not?!?? Cheers!

DigiTechSupt
09-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Playback speed should not be affected by the buffer size.

Have you tried trashing preferences yet? Are you clocked to an external source?

nicmate
09-13-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm not clocked to any external device so it should be all working. I can't understand why the audio changes speed at all. It seems to happen on every project so maybe it is the preferences. How do you trash the preferences though? I'ld like to give that a go.

DigiTechSupt
09-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Are you on Mac or PC?

The instructions are in the 'Setup and General Troubleshooting' stickies that are the top threads in the Mac and PC forums.

nicmate
09-14-2005, 04:48 AM
I'm on a PC. Although I'm not sure I made the right decision on that one! Maybe a mac would have been wiser!